Thank you for your interest in submitting your project, craft or recipe to Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help make it easier for you to get your great idea submitted and accepted.
How do I submit my ideas for your consideration?
Simply review the requirements and submit your idea using this form. We are only looking for a post title, post URL, a brief description and one image. We will not republish your post in its entirety, but rather link back to your site so our readers can go directly to you to get directions for the project, craft or recipe.
What are the image requirements for submitting my idea?
Each submitted idea must include one clear, beautiful photo of the project, craft or recipe that meets the following requirements:
- The image must be square.
- The image can range from 600 to 736 px wide.
- The image must be no more than 350 KB in size.
- The image must not include any text or additional graphic overlays, although one small discreet watermark is permitted.
- The image must be original. We will not accept stock photography or photos you have not taken yourself.
How do I optimize my image for Kenarry?
- Cropping and Resizing – We recommend using PicMonkey, a free online tool to crop and resize your image to meet our quality standards. They have a number of useful online tutorials to show you how including this tutorial for beginners. When saving in PicMonkey, you’ll have the opportunity to resize your image to 736 px wide. We recommend using the middle quality level “Pierce” for saving your images.
- Image Compression – Prior to uploading your photos via our submission form, we also suggest that you run them through an image compression tool. It makes images take up less disk space without sacrificing quality. Here are two free options:
- File Names – It’s also recommended that you change the names of your images to reflect your SEO key terms prior to uploading to Kenarry. For example, diy-crib-rail-protector1.jpg, diy-crib-rail-protector2.jpg, etc. versus IMG-01234.jpg
Will you be sharing my entire tutorial or recipe?
No way! We will only publish the information you have provided to us via the submission form, including the title of your idea, your brief description, the name of your blog or website, one image and a link back to your site. We want our readers to go directly to your site to get all the details about your project, craft or recipe. See these community submitted ideas as examples.
Will you be promoting and sharing my idea?
Absolutely! We want to get your great idea in front of as many eyes as possible and drive traffic your way. When you submit a post to Kenarry, you are giving us permission to share your submitted photo on social media, in our “Ideas In Your Inbox” newsletter, and in round-up posts with a link to your project/recipe on Kenarry so readers can easily see you created it and then hop over to your site to check out the details. Our social media includes, but is not limited to, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.
What kind of ideas should I submit?
We’re looking for innovative and original ideas for the home. Kenarry readers love crafts and home decor, delicious recipes, DIY projects, home tips, kid activities as well as seasonal ideas to celebrate holidays and special occasions. You’re welcome to submit any useful, creative ideas for the home, so long as they’re yours. It’s helpful if you do a quick search on Kenarry prior to submitting your content to make sure we haven’t published something similar in recent months. Please keep in mind that Kenarry: Ideas for the Home is a family-friendly site. We reserve the right to refuse publication of a post we deem inappropriate for our website.
Will I be notified if my idea is accepted or rejected?
Yes, you will receive an e-mail notification from us letting you know whether your idea will be published on Kenarry. Please allow 2-3 weeks to hear from us as it does take time to review all incoming ideas for the home.
What are some reasons my idea could be rejected?
Typically posts are rejected based on one of more of the following reasons:
- The post title and/or brief description contained too many typos and/or grammatical errors.
- The URL was a broken link.
- The submitted image didn’t meet our standards for composition, clarity or quality.
- The submitted image wasn’t square.
- The submitted image was a stock photo or taken from another site.
- There’s already a very similar project or recipe on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home.
How often can I submit my projects, crafts and recipes?
You are welcome to submit your great ideas as often as you’d like. We will do our best to publish all home ideas that meet our quality requirements, but may need to space your posts over an extended period of time depending on the number of other submissions we receive. We want to give everyone an opportunity to have their projects, crafts and recipes published on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home.
What if I have a question that isn’t listed here?
If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com.