Do you have fun or useful ideas for the home, a knack for writing, or want to grow your blog? Join the 2022-23 Creative Team at Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®.
If you have fun and useful ideas for the home, great writing skills, or want to grow your blog, we are looking for 3-5 additional paid monthly contributors to join our Creative Team for 2022-23! We want you to share your amazing crafts, DIY projects, and other home ideas with our readers. Please review this post to determine whether our Creative Team will be a great fit for you and your blog. The deadline to apply is Friday, August 12, 2022.
Ready to find out who we selected? Meet the 2022-2023 Kenarry Creative Team and see their fun fall ideas for the home!
How We Will Promote You
It’s our hope that being part of the 2022-23 Creative Team will be a win/win experience for everyone – our readers get your great ideas and content, and you get a great opportunity to call attention to your own blog. Here are some of the ways we’ll help promote YOU as part of the Creative Team:
- Blog post intros. At the beginning of each blog post you share on Kenarry, you have the opportunity to introduce yourself and include a link to your blog.
- Your bio and social media links in every blog post. At the end of every blog post, you’ll include a 200 px square photo of yourself and a brief 3-4 sentence bio. The bio will also include a link to your blog and links to all of your social media where people can follow you to see more of your great ideas.
- Links back to your own related content. At the end of the blog post, you’re encouraged to include links and smaller photos to 2-3 related ideas on your own blog.
- Shout-outs on social media. When we publish your blog post on Kenarry, we will mention your name and blog name in our initial promotions across all social media.
- Ongoing promotion on social media. After your blog post is published on Kenarry, we will specifically promote it again a day later, one week later and then continue to circulate your post regularly throughout the year or the appropriate season.
- Extra promotion of your own content. Each time you submit your blog post for review, we’ll choose 3-4 links directly from your blog that we think will be of interest to Kenarry readers. As a way of thanking you for your content, we will share those links across our social media in the 4 weeks following your blog post’s publication.
- An author page all about you. Members of the Creative Team have special author pages on Kenarry with their bios and links to their social media. See this one for a great example.
- A Creative Team Page. Your photo, name, bio and social media links will appear on the “Creative Team” page under the About Us section of our blog.
- Ideas In Your Inbox. Posts will be shared with Kenarry subscribers.
- Home Page Promotion. All newly published posts are promoted on the home page.
- Watermarks on Photos. A small discreet watermark is permitted on all photos.
- Exclusive Facebook Group. Access to a special Creative Team group on Facebook designed for support, encouragement and extra promotional opportunities.
What If I don’t Have A Blog?
That is totally OK! We pay all of our contributors for their posts, whether they have a blog to promote or not. See the compensation information below. Blog promotion is the extra icing on the cake for anyone that already has a blog.
In addition to the many ways we’ll be actively promoting you and your blog (see list above), we will also provide the following monetary compensation:
- Base Pay: $65 USD stipend per blog post
- Frequency: Compensation will be paid monthly via PayPal based on earnings from the previous month.
Creative Team Commitment
We’re looking for Creative Team members who are:
- Innovative. Creative Team members must choose from a pre-selected list of ideas or have their content ideas approved 4 weeks before submitting the post for publication. Kenarry readers especially enjoy delicious recipes, beautiful crafts and home decor, easy-to-understand DIY projects, fun kids’ activities, and helpful home tips.
- Original. Creative Team members must submit original posts, never published elsewhere when you first share them on Kenarry. You will have two options for sharing the content on your own blog:
- You can share a highly edited version of it on your blog 4-6 weeks after it’s published on Kenarry.
- On the day your post is published on Kenarry, you can share one photo, a brief description and a link to Kenarry on your own blog for your readers. See this one for a great example.
- Articulate. Creative Team members must submit professionally written and easy-to-understand posts with at least 500 words.
- Visual. Posts must include big, bright, beautiful photos or graphics appropriately sized for the web. At least four graphics are required: a 736 x 736 px square featured graphic without text, two long vertical images with text for Pinterest that is 736 px wide and at least 1104 px long, and at least one more photo without text that is 736 pixels wide. We believe in blogging with integrity and will only accept photos or graphics you’ve created yourself.
- Available. Creative Team members will submit 8 monthly blog posts between October 2022 and May 2023. Your publication dates will be determined at the beginning of the commitment.
- Punctual. Creative Team members must meet deadlines. Your deadline is two weeks before your publication date, though you’re always welcome to submit content early!
- Independent. Creative Team members should not advertise for any particular product, service, or website other than your own blog/services. However, we completely understand and encourage you to mention what item(s) you did use. While we may add affiliate links within your post, we would prefer posts that are not advertising solely for a brand. If you’re looking for advertising, please contact us in a separate email to discuss pricing. Please click here to read our full disclosure policy.
- Technical. Creative Team members should be familiar with WordPress. You’ll be responsible for uploading your own optimized images and content directly into Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®.
We think this will be a wonderful opportunity for you and your blog, but don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what our Creative Team members have to say about their experience:
“Although being a member of the Kenarry Creative Team has helped me grow my blog and reach out to a larger circle of readers, the true rewards come from working with our gracious team leaders. Carrie and Kent are more than willing to share their time, knowledge, and resources with their team members. They want you to succeed, to grow, to reach your full potential and to have a little fun along the way! Sounds just like being part of a family, doesn’t it?! “ – Pam at The Birch Cottage
“I’ve been a member of the Kenarry Creative Team for years now and the team camaraderie of helping each other is amazing! I have learned so much and improving my blog and writing posts, invaluable knowledge from everyone! I love that our team leaders are always so willing to share information and provide resources. It’s truly been a great experience for me!” – Linda at Tortagialla.
“Being a part of this Kenarry Creative Team is like being part of an incredibly supportive family. When you’re part of the Creative Team, you get everyone’s support – we just want to see each other succeed! As a blogger, I’m SO happy to have finally found a group of wonderful people that share the same passion in content creation as me!” – Lisa at Sugar Agenda
How to Apply
If you think you’d be a great fit for the Creative Team at Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®, we invite you to apply now through August 12, 2022. Applicants will be notified by the end of August whether they’ve been selected for the Creative Team.
If you have questions prior to applying, please contact Annie at [email protected] We’d love to help you discern whether this would be a good fit for you and your blog.