Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your family and friends. We gathered with 65 of my aunts, uncles and cousins for our annual family festivities on Sunday. Much to our surprise, the local news even showed up to cover the event!
As if that wasn’t enough excitement for one week, we’re also thrilled to announce a “Call for Contributors” this week. If you’ve got wonderful crafts, recipes, DIY projects, kid stuff and other fabulous ideas for the home (AND I KNOW YOU DO!!), we’d love to have you join our Creative Team!
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 30. Please take a moment before you link up to read more about the opportunity, including how WE WILL PROMOTE YOU and help you grow your blog through your experience on our Creative Team:
- Blog post intros. At the beginning of each blog post you share on Kenarry, you’ll have the opportunity to introduce yourself and include a link to your blog.
- Your bio and social media links in every blog post. At the end of every blog post, you’ll include a 200 px square photo of yourself and a brief 3-4 sentence bio, including links to your blog and all of your social media.
- Links back to your own related content. At the end of the blog post, you’re encouraged to include links and smaller photos to 2-3 related ideas on your own blog.
- Shout outs on social media. When we publish your blog post on Kenarry, we will specifically mention your name and blog name in our initial promotions across all of our social media.
- Extra promotion of your own content. Each time you publish a story on Kenarry, we’ll promote 3-4 other posts from your blog across our social media that you think will be of interest to our Kenarry readers.
- A page all about you. Members of the Creative Team have special author pages on Kenarry with their bios and links to their social media.
- Sidebar advertising. Your picture, your first name, your blog name and a link to your author page will be in the sidebar of every page on Kenarry.
- An announcement. When the Creative Team is launched in June, we will publicly announce you in a blog post and in a new “Creative Team” page under the About Us section of our blog.
Creative Team members must submit original posts, never published elsewhere, when you first share it on Kenarry, but you’d have two options for sharing the content on your own blog. You can share a highly edited version of it on your own blog 4-6 weeks after it’s been published on Kenarry. Or, on the day your post is published on Kenarry, you can share one photo, a brief description and a link to Kenarry on your own blog for your readers. See this one for a great example.
If that sounds like a great fit for you, please read through the details and apply online today!
Now let’s get on with the party…
Think and Make Thursday is a link party designed to share Bright Ideas for the home with you each week! For those of you who aren’t bloggers or who may be new to the link party concept, link parties are a great way for you to find hundreds of different ideas for the home all in one place. At link parties, bloggers share their latest and greatest DIY projects, home improvement projects, crafts, recipes, kids stuff and home-related tips.
Bloggers, we’re so glad you’re here and can’t wait to be inspired by your Bright Ideas! Think and Make Thursday opens at 6 AM ET every Thursday for you to share what you’ve been working on with a chance to be featured the following week. When you link up at Think and Make Thursday, your Bright Ideas will seen across 7 fabulous blogs:
Every week, the seven of us choose our favorite Bright Ideas from the party to share on our own blogs the following week, giving you an even better chance of being featured! Be sure to visit my co-hosts’ blogs to see which Bright Ideas they chose to feature this week: Addison Meadows Lane, Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body, Dwell Beautiful, Houseologie, Little Red Brick House, Petite Modern Life, and of course, you’re here partying with us at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. If you love any of the Bright Ideas we feature, please click through the link to pin from the original source, not from Think and Make Thursday.
DIY Felt and Leather Triangle Garland – Sisters, What!
DIY Gold Leaf Embellished Curtains – The Gathered Home
Changing Table Upcycle – Average But Inspired
Easy Tiramisu – Living the Gourmet
DIY Two Drawer Table Makeover – Delicious and DIY
MOST VIEWED Bright Idea of the Week
5 Things I Learned About Making a Chalkboard – A Nurse and a Nerd
We’ll be sharing all of these Bright Ideas on our Think and Make Thursday Pinterest Board. If you are one of the bloggers whose bright idea was featured this week, you’re welcome to share this shiny button for all to see on your blog!
Now it’s your turn to share your Bright Idea for a chance to be featured at next week’s party! By linking up at Think and Make Thursday you agree to:
- Show us some love. Please follow all the hosts on social media. Grab a party button or link back to us in some way.
Think and Make Thursday Party Button
- Share your bright ideas. Submit up to 3 family friendly links you’ve never shared with us before. Please link to a specific post, not your home page. No Etsy shops, no giveaways, no link parties and no photos that you have purchased and/or do not have permission to share. Please be aware that by sharing your posts at Think and Make Thursday you are giving permission to our hosts to share your projects on social media, on their blogs as featured posts and in round-up posts with links back to your site and all credit given to you.
- Be inspired. Visit other links to get great ideas and leave positive, encouraging comments. After all, this is a party – you should mingle!
- Let us contact you. When you link up, we’ll add you to our party exclusive email list, so you’re among the first to know each week when the party starts! (You can opt out at any time).
Let’s Get This Party Started
Do you have an original craft, recipe or DIY project for the home you’d like to share with our readers? We’d love to have you submit your bright idea as a guest post here on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. We’re looking to add 1-2 guest posts per month in the coming year. When you do, we’ll be sure to thank you by sharing and promoting 3-4 of your other posts direct from your blog across all our social media in the month following the publication of your guest post. You’ll also be welcome to share a highly edited version of the post with your own readers at least 4-6 weeks later (at least the first 150 words so we keep the Google folks happy!). If you’re interested, please see our guest post requirements and submit your idea today.
Thank you for joining us at Think and Make Thursday! We hope to see you back again next week. Same time, same place!
Think and Make Thursday party graphics were created by Laura at Pixel Me Designs, where she designs blogs, websites, and brands that are unique, powerful and eye catching.