Call me sentimental! Today we’re getting retrospective about the past year and also sharing the top 10 best ideas for the home featured on Kenarry in 2016, including the most viewed recipes, home decor and DIY projects.
As we look ahead to 2017, I think it’s always important to take a little look back at the past year to see just how far we’ve come over the past 12 months. This has certainly been an eventful and exciting year for Kenarry: Ideas for the Home.
Highlights from the past year include:
- NEW STATUS: In January, we signed the paperwork officially establishing Kenarry, LLC as a corporation.
- NEW WAY TO BRING NEW IDEAS: In mid-February, we launched the ability for other bloggers to submit their awesome recipes, crafts, DIY projects and other great ideas for the home to be featured on Kenarry. Since then, we’ve published more than 210 community submitted ideas. WOW! The most popular of the community submitted ideas is this Basic Hand Lettering Tutorial from One Artsy Mama.
- NEW CHALLENGES AND PROJECTS: In the spring, we participated in the One Room Challenge for the first time and created an Outer Space Bedroom for our boys. This fall we also started a major addition to our cottage. We’re adding a sunroom and a front porch. The renovations are on hold for the winter, but we look forward to finishing up the project in spring 2017.
- NEW FACES: In September, we more than doubled the size of the Kenarry Creative Team to bring you even more great ideas for the home in the coming year. We also hired, Meaghan, our amazing virtual assistant to help us manage our social media.
- HONORS AND ACCOLADES: In early February, Lori from Greco Design Company’s tutorial for How to Refinish Folding Chairs was featured on Country Living Magazine as one of 14 Makeovers That Prove Spray Paint is Magical. The story was also picked up by House Beautiful. We were over the moon last winter when TWO of our DIY projects were featured on the HGTV website. First, the Castle Playroom we created in a closet under our stairs was featured on HGTV as one of 20 Small Yet Super Functional Closets. Then a short while later, our Ceiling Mounted Garage Shelves were also featured as one of 12 Genius Garage Organizing and Storage Hacks. In May, our recipe for Grilled Meatloaf Burgers was featured in Parade Magazine online as one of The Tastiest Burger Recipes to Try This Summer.
- NEW IDEAS: We brought you 162 new blog posts in 2016.
- NEW RECORDS: We had more than 1.3 million page views and over 800,000 visitors to our site this year.
What a year! Kent and I want to thank you for being part of our community and for helping to make wonderful things happen for us and our small business. We couldn’t be where we are today without your continued support and encouragement. Every time you leave a comment or share one of our posts on Facebook or Pinterest, our hearts swell two sizes bigger. We have a lot of excitement on the horizon for 2017 and can’t wait to share it with you in the new year. If you’re not already, we invite you to subscribe to get our Ideas In Your Inbox so you don’t miss a thing!
Top 10 Best Ideas for the Home in 2016
We’re going to countdown the top ideas on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home this year. These were the most popular ideas of the year based on page views regardless of when they were published.
How to Refinish Folding Chairs from Greco Design Company
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe from Belle of the Kitchen
Cucumber Greek Salad from Belle of the Kitchen
Did you find your favorite idea on this top ten list? What kind of ideas would you like to see us publish more of in 2017? Please comment below and share. We’d love to get your feedback and thoughts as we make plans for the coming year.
If you enjoyed our post about the top 10 ideas for the home on Kenarry this year, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
Carrie is the chief writer, crafter and cook here at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. She’s an optimist by nature and enjoys sharing recipes, trying new craft ideas, planning for parties and events as well as organizing and decorating. When she’s not blogging, preparing meals or picking up around the house, you’re bound to find her hidden away in a castle under the stairs reading to her two young boys. Whether you’re cooking, crafting or creating for your family, follow Carrie on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram to get inspiring ideas for your home.