With only five ingredients, this recipe for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas truly is easy. It’s so delicious, it will become a regular meal for your family.
I love simple, easy recipes for my family. A few years ago, I was inspired to try this recipe for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas from HowDoesSheDoIt.com. With only five ingredients, Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas are simple and delicious. This meal has become a family favorite. The original recipe calls for a small rotisserie chicken. However, I like to make the enchiladas with Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken instead. I also love to double this recipe and freeze it, so we can enjoy the meal again another day.
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 oz) cans mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and shred the chicken. It can be cooked using any method you choose. The original recipe calls for shredding a rotisserie chicken, but I prefer to use Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour and spread half a can of green chile enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Take a tortilla and layer chicken (approximately 1/4-1/3 cup), a little chopped onion and a little shredded mozzarella down the center. (Note: Use half the mozzarella for filling and save the other half to sprinkle on the top of the Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas.) Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat the process with the other 7 tortillas. Pour the remaining green chile enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas so that all the tortillas are covered and wet from the sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Adapted from HowDoesSheDoIt.com
Serving Suggestions for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas
When we have Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas, we love to serve it with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips. Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas would also be great with a side salad, black beans or Spanish rice. I would also recommend serving it with the recipe I shared earlier this week for Southwest Sautéed Red Cabbage.
In this blog post, two other recipes on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home are mentioned. You’ll find them here:
Inspired Ideas is a regular feature on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home, sharing ideas we’ve found from Pinterest or other online resources. The words and photos used in this post are our own, derived from our personal experience implementing this idea.
If you have an Inspired Idea you’d like us to try, please contact us.