With only five ingredients, this recipe for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas truly is easy. It’s so delicious, it will become a regular meal for your family.
Once you try this easy recipe for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas you’ll never make them any other way. With just five ingredients, this recipe is delicious and freezer friendly.
I love simple, easy recipes for my family. A few years ago, I was inspired to try this recipe for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas from HowDoesSheDoIt.com. With only five ingredients, Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas are simple and delicious. This meal has become a family favorite. The original recipe calls for a small rotisserie chicken. However, I like to make the enchiladas with Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken instead. I also love to double this recipe and freeze it, so we can enjoy the meal again another day.
Before you go, check out these other Easy Dinner Ideas!
Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas: Inspired Ideas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 10 oz cans mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and shred the chicken. It can be cooked using any method you choose. The original recipe calls for shredding a rotisserie chicken, but I prefer to use Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken.
- Take a tortilla and layer chicken (approximately 1/4-1/3 cup), a little chopped onion and a little shredded mozzarella down the center. (Note: Use half the mozzarella for filling and save the other half to sprinkle on the top of the Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas.) Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat the process with the other 7 tortillas. Pour the remaining green chile enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas so that all the tortillas are covered and wet from the sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Serving Suggestions for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas
When we have Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas, we love to serve it with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips. Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas would also be great with a side salad, black beans or Spanish rice. I would also recommend serving it with the recipe I shared earlier this week for Southwest Sautéed Red Cabbage.
In this blog post, two other recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® are mentioned. You’ll find them here:
This Inspired Idea for Easy Chicken Verde Enchiladas came from HowDoesSheDoIt.com and was shared with their permission. Please visit their website to find more great ideas like this.
Inspired Ideas is a regular feature on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®, sharing ideas we’ve found from Pinterest or other online resources. The words and photos used in this post are our own, derived from our personal experience implementing this idea.
While you’re here be sure to check out other easy dinner ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –