The weather outside may be frightful, but inside can be delightful. With this free printable Winter Home Maintenance Checklist, we’ll help you keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season.
Several months ago, Karleia Steiner shared 5 Reasons Why You Need a Home Maintenance Checklist. We thought it would be great to work with her to create a home maintenance checklist for each of the four seasons to help you keep your home in excellent condition all year-round.
In winter, enjoy energy-efficient warmth and the fruits of your home-maintenance labors. Use this time of the year to thoroughly clean and care for your home’s interior while taking a few precautionary measures on the outside. Below you’ll find suggestions we created with Karleia’s assistance for a Winter Home Maintenance Checklist. We also created a printable version so you can easily carry it with you around the house:
Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
- Clean and store garden tools.
- Walk around your home’s exterior. Check the crawl space vents located at the foundation. Close any that are open.
- Protect your central air conditioning unit with a cover, or remove and store window air conditioners.
- Move snow shovels and snow blowers to a convenient spot.
- Store away seasonal toys and lawn furniture in a garage or shed.
- Clean kitchen appliances inside and out, including refrigerator coils.
- Clean out all closets and donate anything you don’t use.
- Go through papers in file cabinets and boxes. Recycle, shred or purge old files.
- Change or clean furnace filters. Consult manufacturer instructions for your furnace to determine how frequently the filters should be replaced.
- Maintain clean drains by adding one-half-cup baking soda followed by one-half-cup white vinegar. After 10 minutes, flush with boiling water.
- Update your first aid kit. Replace anything that’s expired.
What else would you add to this Winter Home Maintenance Checklist? Please comment below to let us know. We’re always looking for new ideas. Also, be sure to subscribe to Kenarry so you don’t miss our Home Maintenance Checklists for upcoming seasons. When you subscribe, we’ll also send you a FREE gift!
If you liked the Winter Home Maintenance Checklist, please share it with your friends or pin for later:
You may also like these other Home Maintenance Ideas on Kenarry: