Looking for great ideas for the home? Explore the top ten most popular crafts, decor, recipes and DIY projects of 2018 featured on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home.
Call me sentimental, but the end of the year always makes me a wee bit nostalgic! Today we’re peering back at the past 12 months and sharing the top 10 best ideas for the home featured on Kenarry in 2018, including the most viewed recipes, home decor and DIY projects.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kenarry: Ideas for the Home will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
2019 is right around the corner. Before we head into the new year, I love to take a little look back at the past year to see just how far we’ve come over the last 365 days. Thankfully, 2018 was a very eventful and exciting year for Kenarry: Ideas for the Home.
Highlights from the past year include:
- A BIG MILESTONE: Kenarry, LLC celebrated our FIVE year anniversary in November. It’s hard to believe how much we’ve grown from the little blog I started all those years ago as a stay a home mom with two tiny boys. All because I wanted a fun creative outlet and a way to share our castle playroom. Now those tiny boys are much, much bigger and so is Kenarry!
- NEW HOME ORGANIZATION BRAND: By far the launch of Clutter Keeper was the BIGGEST, most significant event for our small business this year. It’s a new brand and product offering designed to help people get organized and stay organized. We shared the big news here on Kenarry in September by announcing a 30 Day Conquer Your Clutter Challenge.
- FIRST HOME ORGANIZATION PRODUCT: Following the launch of the new brand, we came out with our first Clutter Keeper product on Amazon this fall – The Deluxe Hanging Gift Wrap Storage Organizer. Our second Clutter Keeper product will be available on the market in the first quarter of 2019!
- NEW KENARRY PRODUCTS: We’ve continued to grow our offering of private label Kenarry products in 2018.
- BURLAP SUPPLIES & DECOR: In addition to the popular five inch wide burlap ribbon on Amazon, we now offer 14-inch wide burlap rolls. This fall also saw the return of our high quality lined natural burlap table runners – now available in 7 different lengths to fit any dining room or banquet table. (Not sure what to do with burlap, check out these 20 burlap craft ideas!)
- DIGITAL ART & NOTE CARDS: This year we added several new printable collections and digital art to our Kenarry: Ideas for the Home Etsy shop. Each design is digitally hand drawn and many showcase whimsical sayings or designs that I personally created and hand lettered.
- NEW PROJECTS: We’ve had a lot of home improvements underway this year, including a massive main floor makeover. Kenarry Idea Insiders have been getting sneak peeks for the past few months in our weekly Ideas In Your Inbox newsletters, but you can watch for the BIG reveal here on the blog in early 2019.
- EXPANDING OUR CREATIVE TEAM: Sharing high quality content day in and day out requires significant effort and we couldn’t do it without a talented team of bloggers who work along with us to bring you useful ideas for your home and family. This fall we expanded our Kenarry Creative Team. Some of them are familiar faces who’ve been on our team for years while others are brand new contributors to Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. Either way, we’ve been astounded and honored to have them sharing their ideas with us every month.
- NEW TEAM MATES: In addition to our Creative Team of bloggers, we also expanded our team of independent contractors who actively help us to grow and achieve more than any of us could on our own. In addition to Meaghan Lamm who’s worked with us for several years now, we also brought Robin Lewis and Annie Kearns on board. These women are social media specialists, marketing gurus, fantastic writers and so much more. We’re incredibly grateful for them.
- NEW RECORDS: We had more than 1.8 million page views and over 1.2 million visitors to our site this year.
What a fantastic and special year 2018 has been! Kent and I want to thank you so much for being part of our community and for supporting us to make these things happen for us and our small business. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you rooting for us. We especially love when you share a product review, leave a blog post comment or share one of our posts on Facebook or Pinterest. Every time you do, you make our day. Thank you!
There are so many plans and exciting things on the horizon for 2019. We can’t wait to share it with you in the new year. If you’re not already, we invite you to subscribe to get our Ideas In Your Inbox so you don’t miss a thing!
Top 10 Best Ideas for the Home in 2018
Now without further ado, let’s countdown the top ideas on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home this year. These were the most popular ideas of the year based on page views regardless of when they were published.
How to Make Coasters from Ceramic Tiles from The Birch Cottage
Skillet Cookie Recipe: A Simple Sweet Treat from Typically Simple
Cucumber Greek Salad from Belle of the Kitchen
How to Make Broken China Mosaics from The O’Neil Sisters
How to Paint Terra Cotta Pots from The Birch Cottage
Did you find your favorite idea on this top ten list? What kind of ideas would you like to see us publish more of in 2019? Please comment below and share. We’d love to get your feedback and thoughts as we make plans for the coming year.
If you enjoyed our post about the top 10 ideas for the home on Kenarry this year, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
Carrie is the chief writer, crafter and cook here at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. She’s an optimist by nature and enjoys sharing recipes, trying new craft ideas, planning for parties and events as well as organizing and decorating. When she’s not blogging, preparing meals or picking up around the house, you’re bound to find her hidden away in a castle under the stairs reading to her two young boys. Whether you’re cooking, crafting or creating for your family, follow Carrie on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get inspiring ideas for your home.