Want to make homemade pop tarts in the air fryer? This easy recipe for air fryer Nutella pop tarts will become a family favorite and will become a go-to breakfast for you or your kids!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing my latest air fryer recipe. I’ll be honest, at this point, I think I will make just about anything in the air fryer (like these air fryer pasta chips) and I am yet to be disappointed! This recipe for homemade pop tarts in the air fryer is a fun way to make a store-bought favorite at home!
This recipe is about to make your air fryer your best friend! In fact, you won’t go back to boring store-bought Pop-Tarts. These are so rich and gooey and good!
My kids, like most kids, absolutely love pop tarts. I don’t mind the store-bought variety, but everything is always better homemade, right? I knew that we could come up with a really tasty version at home and I had a feeling that the air fryer would crisp up the pie crust into a super yummy pastry! You could certainly bake these, but you would get a different texture and it would take way longer.
While we traditionally think of pop tarts as breakfast food, you could certainly consider these as a dessert or a snack. Nutella is eaten at any time of the day in most countries.
How to Make Air Fryer Nutella Pop Tarts
Homemade Pop-tarts are way easier than you think! By using store-bought pie crust, you save a lot of time and make this recipe super simple! I know that homemade pie crust is the best, but I am honestly a sucker for pre-made pie crust!
I filled my pop tarts with Nutella because we had some in the pantry, but you could use peanut butter, jam, preserves, or really any thick filling.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Air Fryer Nutella Pop Tart Tips:
Cutting the Pie Crust
Use a pizza cutter to cut the rectangles. It gives you a much cleaner cut than using a knife!
Switch up the toppings
You don’t have to use chocolate sprinkles if you don’t love them! You can use rainbow sprinkles, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or you could skip the topping completely. A little big of cinnamon and sugar would be great, too!
Making Pop-Tarts at home is way easier than you think! Start with premade pie crust and fill with your favorite spread, we picked Nutella, and then quickly air fryer! In 6 minutes’ time, you will have a hot, crispy pastry that blows the boxed version out of the water!
Air Fryer Nutella Pop Tarts
- Air Fryer
- 2 rolls of pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups of Nutella
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of chocolate sprinkles
- On a flat floured surface, roll out the pie crust and cut out 3”x4” rectangles. You can use a knife or a pizza cutter for easy cutting.
- Lay out one rectangle and place 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella in the center of a rectangle and spread it out, leaving a 1/4” edge.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg to create an egg wash. Wash the edge of the rectangle with the egg and place top rectangle on. Press out the air and seal the edges. Using a fork or a crimper, crimp the edges of the pop tart.
- Brush the top of the pop tart with the egg wash use a toothpick to prick air holes.
- Place tart in the air fryer basket and cook on 350° for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool to room temp and then ice with the sugar mixture and then sprinkle the tart with the chocolate sprinkles.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this air fryer breakfast recipe, then you will love these ideas, too!
You may also enjoy these breakfast ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –