Baked cauliflower poppers are crispy, delicious and easy to make. Once you try them, they’ll be your new favorite way to enjoy cauliflower for dinner.
How to Make Eating Cauliflower Fun
Steamed cauliflower gets boring after a while. However, there are many health benefits of eating cauliflower. It is low in calories and carbohydrates. It’s packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and folic acid. No one can argue it’s an important vegetable to include in your diet, but there’s only so much steamed cauliflower you can eat.
We never thought of preparing it any other way until we came across the idea for Baked Cauliflower Poppers from Lindsay at Delighted Momma. We were inspired to give the idea a try. Now there’s no turning back for us. We love baked cauliflower poppers!
Baked cauliflower poppers are tossed lightly in olive oil and seasonings then baked until they’re crispy. This is a delicious side dish. The baked cauliflower poppers have just enough salty flavor to make them a great substitute for french fries. They’re so tasty, even our toddlers love them! Trust us. Once you try these baked cauliflower poppers, your family will ask to have them all the time.
Baked Cauliflower Is A Keto Side Dish
Since the only ingredients are cauliflower and spices, this is a wonderful keto side or snack. Cauliflower is naturally low in carbs, so enjoy a huge plate of them.
Baked Cauliflower Poppers: A Crispy Low-Carb Side Dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Cut apart the head of cauliflower and rinse it with water.
- In a medium bowl or large resealable bag, combine olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray. Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Turn the cauliflower every 20 minutes so the edges brown evenly. The browner the edges, the crispier and tastier the cauliflower poppers. Enjoy the baked cauliflower poppers with a side of ketchup!
Serving Suggestions for Baked Cauliflower Poppers
Baked cauliflower poppers are crispy, delicious and addicting. We can eat the entire head of cauliflower between the two of us. How do you eat your baked or roasted cauliflower? Here are a few ideas.
- As a side dish. Baked cauliflower poppers are a wonderful side dish for any meal. We usually enjoy them as a substitute for french fries when we have hamburgers or baked chicken tenders.
- Carb alternative. They are also a great alternative to pasta, potatoes, breads and other high-carb side dishes.
- With your favorite dips. You’ll find the baked cauliflower poppers are especially tasty dipped in ketchup or barbecue sauce.
Inspired Ideas is a regular feature on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™, sharing ideas we’ve found from Pinterest or other online resources. The words and photos used in this post are our own, derived from our personal experience implementing this idea.
If you have an Inspired Idea you’d like us to try, please contact us.
More Tasty Side Dish Ideas
Here are some more delicious side dish ideas for your next meal.
Originally published February 2014. Updated February 2018.