Blueberry Shortcake Trifles: Shortcut Mason Jar Dessert
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These shortcut mason jar Blueberry Shortcake Trifles are easy, cool and refreshing, making them an ideal, easy summer dessert. Plus, they look amazing too!
Fresh blueberries resting on a cloud of sweet whipped cream, layered together with soft vanilla flavored pound cake make these Blueberry Shortcake Trifles a simple, cool and refreshing summer treat. Plus, they look great, too!
Hello there, Kenarry readers! It’s Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz and I’m back with another delectable dessert recipe! These shortcut Blueberry Shortcake Trifles are incredibly easy to make, and since they are made with store-bought ingredients, there’s nothing to cook or bake!
Each bite is a mouth-watering blend of buttery pound cake, sweet whipped cream, and juicy blueberries. Yum! Plus, since they’re served in a mason jar, they are fun, visually appealing, and 100% portable making them perfect for summer parties and picnics!
Although I love using blueberries, mason jar Blueberry Shortcake Trifles taste amazing with any kind of fruit. I’ve made them with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and even a combination of berries. So tasty!
How to Make Blueberry Shortcake Trifles
These mason jar trifles really could not be any easier to make. Using already-made ingredients, they can be prepared and ready to eat in 15 minutes flat. Once finished, you’ll love how each piece of pound cake soaks up the blueberry juice and sweet whipped cream creating an explosion of flavor in each bite.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools to Make Blueberry Shortcake Trifles
Blueberry Shortcake Trifle Tips and Tricks
- Thaw frozen blueberries. Fresh blueberries work best in these blueberry shortcake trifles, however, you could always use defrosted frozen blueberries, Just be sure to drain all of the liquid, and rinse and dry them before adding to the jars.
- Freeze the whipped cream. Place the whipped cream in the freezer for a few minutes until it becomes less creamy. This makes it easier and less messy when spooning it into the jars.
- Homemade cake can work too. As a shortcut recipe, this mason jar Blueberry Shortcake Trifle recipe uses already-made ingredients. For an extra special treat, use homemade cake and whipped cream instead!
- Use Half-pint mason jars. Although I used pint-sized mason jars, the half-pint jars are plenty enough for one person.
Blueberry Shortcake Trifle Ingredients
Makes 8 dessert jars (1/2 pint each)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 pound cake, angel food cake, or vanilla cake dessert cups, cut into bite-size pieces
- an (8 oz.) container whipped cream, extra cold
Blueberry Trifle Instructions
This is such an easy recipe, that you’ll have to make them for birthday parties and just for a fun snack. Here’s how to make them.
1. Prepare the Ingredients
Begin by rinsing, draining, and drying the blueberries, and cutting the cake into small, bite-sized pieces.
2. Start Layering
Add a few pieces of pound cake to each jar…
…follow with a spoonful of blueberries…
…and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Repeat with one more layer of each.
Then sprinkle a few more blueberries on top of the final layer of whipped cream for garnish.
3. Serve and Enjoy!
See? Easy as can be! Now all that is left is to serve and enjoy!
These Blueberry Shortcake Trifles are summery, whimsical and delicious. And you just can’t beat how quick and simple they are to make. Plus, these mason jar trifles are so pretty they practically scream sass and simplicity.
If you like these shortcut Blueberry Shortcake Trifles in a jar, then I bet you will love my other very berry blueberry recipes on Bullock’s Buzz!
Best Blueberry Cobbler Recipe Ever!
More Dessert Recipes
And be sure to check out these other delicious dessert ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –