This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Start your day with a little fun! Turn Jimmy Dean Delights Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches into happy faces using fruit for an easy meal your kids will love. Blueberries for eyes, kiwis for ears, a strawberry mouth — who can resist the cuteness and colorfulness of these breakfast sandwiches? It’s simple and fast to offer your kids a hot, nutritious and fun breakfast that’s ready in just a few minutes!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be boring. I love to create fun food with my little boys, who are four and two years old. Our meal time antics usually involve using fruits and vegetables to create silly faces. It never fails to make my boys smile and giggle with delight, so I jumped at the chance to try Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches.
Here in Michigan we tend to have long cold winter days. It helps us break the monotony and beat cabin fever to have a fun, nutritious hot breakfast some mornings rather than cold cereal or toast. Thankfully, Meijer, a large midwest retailer with stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky, is offering an Jimmy Dean Mperk coupon to save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Jimmy Dean Delights® Breakfast Sandwiches now through January 31, 2015. The boys and I bundled up and headed to our favorite Meijer to take advantage of the offer. Our biggest dilemma was choosing which of the tasty frozen breakfast sandwiches to try:
- Chicken Sausage Egg & Cheese English Muffins
- Turkey Sausage Egg & Cheese English Muffins
- Canadian Bacon English Muffins
- Turkey Sausage Croissants
- Turkey Sausage Egg, & Cheese Flatbread Sandwiches
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Flatbread Sandwiches
All of the Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches offer quality, convenience and taste for under 300 calories each. They’re made with real eggs, cheese and of course, the unique and savory seasoned Jimmy Dean sausage we know and love. The breakfast sandwiches are microwaveable single servings and ready in less than three minutes. I think I stood in front of the freezer there at Meijer for a good 5-10 minutes debating with my four year old about which varieties we wanted to try. We finally settled on the two flatbread options because I thought they would be a little better than English muffins for making happy faces with fruit.
It’s so easy to get creative with your kids’ food. All you need is a variety of fruits and vegetables and a little imagination!
What You Need:
- Your favorite kind of Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches
- An assortment of fruit. For our Delightfully Happy Breakfast Sandwiches we used: banana, green apple, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and mandarin oranges. (Here’s a tip: Look for the berry bowls and other assortments of fruit in the produce section at Meijer to get the variety you need for the faces without having to buy large quantities of any of the fruits.)
1. Prepare the fruit. Wash, slice and prepare the fruit. I find it’s best just to have everything laid out before you call the kids over to help create the happy face breakfast sandwiches.
2. Cook the Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches. Follow the instructions on the back of the box to heat the Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches in your microwave. Both of the flatbread sandwiches said to wrap the breakfast sandwiches in a paper towel first. The Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese breakfast sandwiches also required defrosting them for 1 1/2 minutes, then cooking on the regular high cycle for 50-55 seconds. The Bacon, Egg and Cheese breakfast sandwiches could just be cooked on high for 65-70 seconds.
3. Create the delightfully happy faces on the breakfast sandwiches. Now is the fun part! You and your child(ren) can use your creativity to design the silliest faces you can imagine. When we wandered through the produce section at Meijer, my four year old actually chose which fruit we’d use for which parts. He wanted bananas and blueberries for the eyes, a grape for the nose and mandarin oranges for the hair. I suggested we use kiwis for ears and a strawberry for the mouth. He then picked out a green apple. I asked “what are we going to use that for?” He grinned at me and joyfully declared, “this will be the eyebrows!”
We were both delighted with the final result:
C1 was so proud of the happy face he made with his breakfast sandwich. “You’re going to take my picture for your blog post, aren’t you, Mommy? They’re going to want to see mine too!”
My two year old had much more fun disassembling his Delightfully Happy Breakfast Sandwich, one body part at a time.
Both boys said the breakfast sandwiches were yummy and I’d have to agree. As the folks at Jimmy Dean like to say, “300 Calories Never Tasted So Good”! Creating these Delightfully Happy Breakfast Sandwiches is fun, easy and delicious. For more information about the breakfast sandwiches we used, visit www.JimmyDean.com and for other delicious recipe ideas, check out Jimmy Dean on Pinterest or our Pinterest Board for Food Ideas the Kids Will Love.
If you enjoyed this fun idea for Delightfully Happy Breakfast Sandwiches, please share it with your friends or pin it for later: