Buffalo Plaid Decor: 14 Easy DIY Ideas for Fall
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Buffalo check fabrics and patterns are trendy, especially for fall. Learn how to make your own buffalo plaid decor using these easy DIY craft ideas.
From pumpkins to pillows, there are so many ways you can easily incorporate buffalo plaid into your home decor this fall. Today, we’re sharing 14 of the most clever and beautiful buffalo check ideas we could find to inspire you.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
There’s just something about the bold contrast between black and white or black and red, especially when it comes to fabrics and home decor. This must be why we and so many others are absolutely enamored with buffalo plaid decor and all the amazing and trendy home decor ideas circulating the web these days.
What is Buffalo Plaid?
If buffalo plaid or buffalo check is not a term you’re familiar with, let me fill you in. Basically buffalo plaid is a two colored fabric or pattern made up of even lines that
Black is one of the colors found most often in buffalo check, but it’s not required. When people think of buffalo plaid, they usually think of black and white or black and red. These color combos are especially popular for fall and Christmas holiday decorating. Sometimes though you’ll find buffalo check as a black and green, white with navy or just about any other color combo you can think of.
What’s the Difference Between Buffalo Plaid and Gingham?
Gingham is very similar to buffalo plaid in that it is created by intersecting lines of two different colors to form even sized squares. However, the difference is found in the size of the squares. Gingham checks are much smaller in size than buffalo check.
Buffalo plaid is found on all types of different fabrics, especially flannel or heavier fabrics for fall and winter decor. It is most frequently a combination of black plus another color.
Gingham, however, is most often found on light-weight cotton and is usually a combination of white plus another bold color. Red and white gingham is the most classic combination for this pattern. You see gingham patterns more often in spring and summer decor.
14 DIY Buffalo Plaid Decor Ideas
So now that we know what buffalo plaid is and how to tell the difference between buffalo check vs. gingham, let’s take a look at the craft ideas we’ve gathered. We looked far and wide to find the absolute best buffalo plaid decor ideas for fall.
Each of these projects is budget-friendly and easy to make yourself. To get the tutorials for the buffalo plaid crafts, just click on the links or the images below.
If you want to save any of these projects for later, please pin from the original source. The bloggers we’re featuring today worked hard on their projects and deserve all the credit. To save this entire collection of buffalo plaid decor ideas, you’ll find a collage image at the end of this post that you’re welcome to pin.
1. DIY Buffalo Plaid Planter with Reusable Stencils – Persia Lou
2. Fall DIY No-Sew Pillow With Buffalo Check – Lydi Out Loud
3. DIY Painted Buffalo Check Pumpkin – The Red Painted Cottage
4. Painted Buffalo Plaid Mason Jars – DIY Beautify
5. Fall Pumpkin Burlap Sign – Where the Smiles Have Been
6. How to Make a Gorgeous Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Wreath – Lovely Etc.
7. Buffalo Plaid Gather Sign – Keeping It Simple
8. Adorable Buffalo Check Pumpkins From Dollar Store Finds – Our Crafty Mom (Be sure to also check out her Easy No Sew Buffalo Check Curtains.)
9. Buffalo Check Plaid Pillows from a $3 Blanket – Happiness is Homemade
10. How to Make Buffalo Check Fabric Ribbon Garland – Tatertots and Jello (While you’re there, take a look at her Buffalo Plaid Free Printables too!)
11. DIY Fall Wreath That’s Easy and Inexpensive to Make – Mary Martha Mama for Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®
12. Buffalo Check Tray Décor for Autumn – Sadie Seasongoods
13. Buffalo Check Wall With Vinyl – A Girl and a Glue Gun
14. Easy Painted Floral Plaid Pumpkins Tutorial – Lolly Jane
If you enjoyed these Buffalo Plaid Decor ideas, please share this with your friends or pin it for later:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other fall ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
Carrie, Thank you for featuring my buffalo check pumpkin! 🙂
Carol, I love EVERYTHING about that buffalo plaid pumpkin! It’s so pretty.
Love all of these, I can’t get enough buffalo check! 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing my pillow!
Me too, Lydi! Putting together this round-up made me totally want to redecorate in ALL THINGS buffalo check — especially pillows! Thanks for allowing us to share yours.