Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing might be one of the best food combinations ever. This Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta Recipe uses this and more.
The union of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing might possibly be one of the best food combinations created. Any recipe with that condiment combination is most certainly a must-try, including Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Why I Love The Combination of Buffalo and Ranch
Hey there Kenarry Readers!!! Trish here with a mouthwatering recipe made with the perfect combination of Buffalo Wing Sauce and Ranch Dressing. While I believe the mixture of buffalo and ranch is the best thing about this recipe, some may argue the other perks.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta can be made ahead of time. Likewise, it is a one-pan meal that will feed an entire family. Leftovers taste great the next day. Finally (and most importantly), it is delicious and is sure to become a family favorite.
Meal Prep Shortcuts
This Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta Recipe calls for cooked chicken and cooked pasta. On most days the refrigerator at our house has both chicken and pasta prepped and ready to eat.
We often meal prep chicken on the smoker and, as of late, I prepare our pasta in the pressure cooker. (Follow the link at the end of this post to read all about how to prepare pasta in the Instant Pot.)
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta Recipe
Here’s how to make this amazing pasta. The entire recipe is in the printable card at the bottom, but I’ll share some information you’ll need first.
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts, cooked
- Penne Pasta (16 ounce), cooked al dente
- Olive Oil
- Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- Shredded Cheese, divided (I use Sharp Cheddar)
Buffalo ranch chicken pasta photos
Here are some pictures that will show you how I made it. You’ll find the complete recipe in the recipe card.
Cut up the chicken
Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces before adding it to your pasta. You can do this with a knife or even just use canned chicken that is already pre-cut.
Cover with cheese and bake
Finally, smother it with cheese and bake it. This is the best part of all because it’s almost time to eat!
What type of cheese is best to use in this casserole?
I used sharp cheddar cheese because I love the bold flavor it adds to the casserole. It also melts beautifully.
But if you want to try something different – and like a really soft cheese that melts quickly – try a mixture of asiago and mozzarella cheese. It won’t have the bright yellow color since these are white cheeses, but you won’t believe how amazing the texture is.
How do you keep noodles from clumping when they boil?
The best way to prevent noodles from clumping is to refrain from over-filling the pot with too many noodles. The Smithsonian answered this question recently by urging people not to add oil to the pot. Instead, use a large enough pot, add plenty of water, stir often, and add a bit of salt.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 9 x 13 Inch Baking Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 to 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts cooked
- 1 box Penne Pasta 16 ounce, cooked al dente
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Buffalo Wing Sauce divided
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese divided (I use Sharp Cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray then set it aside.
- Add Ranch Dressing, 1 cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce and 1 cup of cheese to the pasta, then mix well.
- Cut cooked chicken into cubes then fold the chicken into the pasta mixture.
- Spread the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta into prepared baking pan then top with remainder of shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil then bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes in the oven remove the aluminum foil then return the pan to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Once the cheese has melted, take the pasta bake out of the oven then drizzle the remaining two tablespoons of wing sauce over the pasta bake.
- Serve immediately.
You know how I feel about the buffalo and ranch combination, now it is your turn to weigh in. Take it or leave it? If you are a taker be sure to check out my buffalo recipes below.
If you have not tried the Jalapeño Popper Hash Brown Casserole Recipe that I shared last September, I highly recommend you do. It is another great bake!
More Chicken Recipes
Here are some more chicken recipes you will love!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other amazing chicken recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –