Burlap Craft Ideas: 20 Super Easy Jute Fabric Projects
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Extra wide burlap is great to use as table runners for weddings and events, banners for parties and other burlap craft ideas. The possibilities are endless!
Fall is nearly here and you know what that means – burlap season! As we transition our homes from one season to the next, it’s great to think of easy budget-friendly ways to update our decor. Adding touches of burlap to your decor is one of the fastest and easiest ways to update your home for fall.
Burlap is inexpensive, trendy and brings an element of rustic farmhouse style throughout your home. Today we’ll share 20 burlap craft ideas to inspire you to decorate with this versatile fabric in new ways.
Where to Buy Burlap Online
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
As you may know, I love, love, love burlap crafts and decor. For a few years now we’ve been selling 5 inch wide burlap ribbon for crafts and DIY projects on Amazon based on our popular tutorial for how to make a burlap wreath.
All Kenarry burlap rolls have finished sewn edges to help reduce or minimize fraying. This densely woven jute cloth is perfect for beachy, coastal DIY decor projects, farmhouse or shabby chic crafts and outdoor garden projects too.
It also adds a beautiful rustic touch for a party or wedding. Simply cut to any length you need. (Be sure to check out this trick for cutting burlap into a straight line.)
20 Burlap Craft Ideas
So what can you make with a roll of burlap? I’m so glad you asked! Natural burlap fabric can be stamped, stenciled, embroidered, dyed or embellished in many different ways for DIY projects. It’s perfect for rustic, shabby chic or modern farmhouse style decor. Here are 20 burlap craft ideas to inspire you:
- Create extra large burlap bows to tie on banisters or pillars.
- Tie it around chairs at a rustic wedding reception.
- Sew it into burlap coasters to prevent leaving water rings on your furniture.
- Wrap burlap around fresh flowers when bringing a floral bouquet to a friend.
- Make a burlap wrapped vase as a centerpiece.
- Use burlap as gift wrap for presents.
- Hang it as a backdrop for a memo board or family command center.
- It’s long enough and wide enough to wrap around the trunk of your Christmas tree to use as a tree skirt.
- Upcycle an old frame into a burlap serving tray.
- Loop it down the banister on your staircase.
- Drape it as a banner to decorate your fireplace mantel.
- You could even combine it with lace and make it into a pennant banner.
- Staple it as curtains inside cabinet doors with windows to hide the clutter inside your cabinets.
- Use as a table runner for Thanksgiving, Halloween, fall and other holidays.
- Stencil the fabric like these Thanksgiving burlap vases.
- Trace letters on the fabric with black Sharpie markers to make into fun burlap placemats.
- Turn it into throw pillows.
- Make it into utensil holders for forks, knives, spoons and napkins on your dinner table.
- Create easy napkin rings embellished with buttons or other baubles.
- If you’ve got an ink jet printer, you can even try printing a design onto burlap to make a pillow cover or to frame as rustic art.
Share Your Burlap Projects With Us
Like I said the possibilities of what you can make with burlap are endless! There are even more ideas on how to use burlap in your Christmas decor. I’d love to see what you create from your Kenarry burlap fabric – just tag me @kenarryideas if you share a pic on Facebook or Instagram.
If you enjoyed these burlap craft ideas, you can pin this post or save it for later:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other craft ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –