Bake a batch of Cherry Chocolate Kiss Valentine Cookies this Valentine’s Day to share with your true love. It’s a 30-minute easy dessert recipe.
Share some home-baked love with your sweetheart in the form of a pink Cherry Chocolate Kiss Valentine Cookie.
Hey there Kenarry Readers!!! Trish here with a cherry and chocolate cookie recipe that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Of course, I happen to think the Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies that I shared a couple of months ago would make a fun Valentine cookie as well.
If you haven’t made them yet I highly recommend you do! From what I hear they taste great made with yellow cake mix too. Either way, you make them they would look fantastic plated with these pink cookies topped with a kiss.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
How To Make Cherry Chocolate Kiss Valentine Cookies
You’ll find everything you need in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, I’ll share what you need from the store and a few tips.
Here’s what you need from the store before you make these cookies.
- Maraschino Cherries (18-20 cherries)
- Dark Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
(or Dove Chocolate Heart Shaped Candy)
- Powdered Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Maraschino Cherry Juice (from jar)
- Red Food Coloring
Valentine’s Day Cookies Tips
Here are some tips I think will help you out as you make the cookies.
Double the recipe for parties
This recipe makes about 24 cookies. If you need more for a class party, double the recipe.
Prep as you go
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet with Parchment Paper then set it aside. Doing this first will save you so much time.
Prepare the cherries and chocolates
Next, finely dice cherries then set them aside. Do not throw out the cherry juice – save it and put it aside.
Open 24 Hershey’s kisses (or Dove chocolate hearts) then place the unwrapped candy in the refrigerator to chill.
Prepare the Cookie Dough
In a medium-size mixing bowl cream butter and powdered sugar then add salt and baking powder. Continue to cream with an electric mixer until a creamy consistency is achieved. Stir in cherry juice, vanilla, and food coloring then stir until well combined.
Gently fold in the chopped cherries
Mix 2 cups of flour into the creamed mixture and continue to mix until dough is formed. Fold in finely diced cherries (should be approximately 1/4 cup). After the cherries have been mixed into the dough add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Use your hands to blend the flour into the dough then chill dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Roll the Dough Into Balls
Roll the pink dough into one inch balls then place them on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the dough balls on the pan.
As the cookies bake, I recommend checking the bottoms of the cookies. If the bottoms aren’t golden in color then bake them for a few more minutes.
Top Off the Valentine Cookies
Remove the pan from the oven then immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for two minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
If desired, dust the tops of cookies with powdered sugar. Place cookies in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to ensure the chocolate has set then store them at room temperature in an airtight container.
Cherry Chocolate Kiss Valentine Cookies Recipe
- 6 ounce Jar Maraschino Cherries 18-20 cherries – approx. 1/4 cup finely diced
- 24 Dark Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- or Dove Chocolate Heart Shaped Candy
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Juice from jar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 Drops of Red Food Coloring
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- Next, finely dice cherries then set them aside. (Save cherry juice.)
- Unwrap chocolates and refrigerate them.
- Stir in cherry juice, vanilla and food coloring then stir until well combined.
- Mix 2 cups of flour into the creamed mixture and continue to mix until dough is formed.
- Fold in diced cherries. Then add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Use your hands to blend the flour into the dough.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls then place them on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the dough balls on the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven then immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for two minutes then move them to a cooling rack.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to ensure the chocolate has set.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight container.
I hope you try these festive pink cookies and love them! These Easy to Make Valentine Cupcakes and Hidden Hearts Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are some other easy festive desserts that are sure to be a big hit.
Please pin this recipe for later:
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You may also enjoy these Valentine’s Day ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –