Warm up after a long day with this easy and delicious Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup, made with plenty of real food ingredients.
Hi everyone! It’s Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen, and I’m excited to be back here at Kenarry to share a brand new recipe with all of you – Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup. It’s pure winter time comfort food that your whole family will love.
This month Carrie and I are exchanging slow cooker soup recipes, just in time for the crisp fall weather. Carrie is over on my blog today sharing her recipe for Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
Soup Made With Whole Ingredients
Soup is one of my favorite ways to warm up when the weather gets cooler, and when I can make it in the slow cooker? Even better! I’ve spent some time tweaking this recipe to get it just right, mostly to include more real food ingredients. I’ve tried a few different cheeseburger soups, but have always felt so funny adding in processed cheese with all of those good-for-you veggies. I feel like this soup has just as creamy and cheesy of a texture as any of the others, and it’s better for you!
Now my hubby is not much of a cook, unless it’s on the grill or the Big Green Egg. That man can smoke some delicious pulled pork, and that is a fact! Anything else though makes me worry about the kitchen getting lit on fire.
The day I prepared this Cheeseburger Soup, I had a friend’s event to attend, and I knew I would have to leave my hubby in charge of the final steps. They’re pretty easy and straightforward (i.e. stir together flour and milk, dump into crockpot, add cheese, cook 10 more minutes…) but I was still a little concerned.
When these situations have arisen in the past, he usually calls to ask me a couple of questions. So this time when I heard my phone ringing, I knew it was either the soup or the kids, since I had left him in charge of both! But it was a good phone call, just letting me know that he and the kids were loving the soup! All was well. 🙂
All that to say – if my husband can make it without any issues, anyone can!
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Slow cooker
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet
- Cheese grater
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ozs. cream cheese
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parlsey
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
Ground Beef Substitution
What can you use instead of ground beef?
This recipe is very versatile. If you don’t have any ground beef, any ground meat will work. Try it with some pork sausage for a really flavorful soup!
Here is my slow cooker cheeseburger soup recipe. You will love it!
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef Lean
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Russet Potato Large - Peeled and Chopped into Small Pieces
- 1/2 cup Celery Diced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Cream Cheese 8 oz Package
- 2 Beef Broth Cans
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Pepper To Taste
- 1/4 cup Flour All Purpose
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Shredded
- Brown ground beef with onion in a large skillet and drain.
- Add to crockpot along with potato, celery, corn, garlic, cream cheese, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, and spices. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours (or 4 hours on high).
- About 10 minutes before serving, whisk together the milk and flour. Add to the crockpot along with the shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10 more minutes until cheese has melted and soup has thickened. Enjoy!
Here are a few more warm soups from Belle of the Kitchen:
Thank you so much to Carrie for letting me come visit and share my Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™! I’m looking forward to coming back next month to share more Ideas for the Kitchen with all of you!
While you’re here, be sure to check out these soup recipes –
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- Meatball Soup with Smoked Sausage and Bow Tie Pasta
- Slow Cooker White Bean and Ham Soup
Originally published November 2014. Updated November 2018.