This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Feast4All #CollectiveBias
Are you prepared for Thanksgiving later this week? By now, I’m sure you’ve gathered all your favorite fall recipes and shopped for ingredients. Did you remember to plan a mid-afternoon snack to tide over your guests while they wait for the big feast? Don’t worry, I have you covered! The free printable I’m sharing today turns Hot Pockets into festive easy snacks for Thanksgiving. With a cute whimsical turkey wrapped around each of the Hot Pockets, your guests will be impressed when they gobble their sandwiches!
Picture this: You’ve been planning your Thanksgiving dinner for weeks. You carefully selected all your recipes, bought the ingredients and invited a dozen or more of your closest family and friends for the big feast. Thanksgiving day finally arrives. You’ve chopped, whisked, basted and prepared your full menu of fall recipes. Everything is in the oven with two hours to spare before dinner so you can visit with your guests. You just sat down with a cup of warm apple cider to chat with your favorite aunt when your kids and all their cousins come running in shouting “I’M HUNGRY! What can we eat?”
Your aunt looks at you with pity knowing you’ve been on your feet all morning preparing the green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, the turkey and all the fixings for the big dinner that’s still two hours away. Little does she know, you’ve got a plan in your back pocket to keep the hungry kiddos happy too — right in your HOT POCKET, that is! Imagine the look of surprise on her face, when you come waltzing out of the kitchen a few minutes later with a plate full of delicious Hot Pockets festively wrapped in this Thanksgiving turkey printable.
Hot Pockets, with this free turkey printable I created, are easy snacks you can prepare in just a few minutes. Plus Hot Pockets are made with quality ingredients like premium meats and real cheese. Each sandwich has 9 grams of protein or more, making it a delicious snack with serious staying power. This ought to tide the kids over for those last few hours until Thanksgiving dinner is ready. Now you can get back to visiting with your guests!
How to Make Hot Pockets Into Festive, Easy Snacks for Thanksgiving
What you need:
- Access to a computer and color printer
- White card stock
- Hot Pockets brand sandwiches (I used the pepperoni with garlic buttery seasoned crust that comes in a 12-pack.)
1. Buy the Hot Pockets and gather your supplies. I easily found the big 12-pack box of Hot Pockets in the Snacks and Appetizers section of the freezer aisle at my local Walmart.
2. Download the Hot Pockets Free Printable. You can download the Hot Pockets Thanksgiving Printable (374 KB PDF) and save the document to your computer for your own personal use. If you prefer to use less ink when you print, I also designed a simplified version of the Hot Pockets Thanksgiving Printable (356 KB PDF) you can print on light colored card stock. In the photo below, I printed the simplified version on mustard yellow card stock, so you can see what it would look like.
3. Print and cut. Print the Hot Pockets Thanksgiving wrap in color on white card stock, then trim along the top and bottom edges with scissors.
4. Prepare the Hot Pockets Thanksgiving Wrap. Fold the printable along the vertical lines to create a box, as shown.
5. Cook the Hot Pockets. Follow the instructions on the box to cook the Hot Pockets in the microwave using the crisping sleeves provided. They can also be baked in an oven, but I’m guessing you’ll have that pretty full on Thanksgiving already. Per the instructions on the box, let the Hot Pockets cool for two minutes in the microwave to finish the cooking process and make them easier to handle in the next step.
6. Wrap the Turkey Printable around the Hot Pockets. First, fold in the bottom flaps of the Hot Pockets crisping sleeve to prevent these easy snacks from sliding out when you hand them to the kiddos. Next, place a Hot Pocket in the center of the printable, wrap it around and secure with tape. I made sure to tape the Turkey Printable directly to the Hot Pockets crisping sleeve so it would stay in place while the kids were eating.
7. You’re ready to enjoy your Hot Pockets! The kids (and adults) won’t be able to keep their hands off these festive, easy snacks, so be sure to allow enough time for the Hot Pockets to cool before you share them with your guests.
My four year old son (and eager taste tester) loved the turkey on the Hot Pockets Thanksgiving Printable and gobbled down his snack right away! On Thanksgiving day, the Hot Pockets will help tide your guests over until dinner time. Plus you’ll have easy clean-up, so you can enjoy visiting with your family and friends rather than fussing in the kitchen.
What are some other easy snacks you have planned for your family and friends when they come over for Thanksgiving this year? Please comment below and share. We’re always looking for new ideas. You can also check out Flavorful Moments with Nestle for more inspiring fall recipes!
If you love this Hot Pockets Thanksgiving Turkey Printable, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
You may also enjoy these Thanksgiving Ideas on Kenarry: