This easy St. Patrick’s Day Snack never lasts long at my house! You don’t need to be feeling lucky to make this quick holiday snack!
It’s Kari again from CraftCreateCook! I’m here to share with you one of my favorites – an easy St. Patrick’s Day snack!
Holidays are my favorite time of the year! Although Christmas tops the list, I love decorating my house for every holiday and making fun treats and snacks for my family and friends!
How to Make a St. Patrick’s Day Snack
This St. Patrick’s Day snack can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- saltine crackers
- brown sugar
- green candy melts
- vibrant green candy melt wafers
- bright white candy melt wafers
- St. Patrick’s Day candy sprinkles
- White and Green Candy Sixlets
1. Lay crackers on baking sheet.
2. Melt butter and sugar.
Place butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to boil, continue to boil for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is no longer gritty. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over crackers. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Top with melted candy and add sprinkles.
Microwave green candy melts according to package directions. Spread evenly on the top of the crackers. Immediately top with small sprinkles.
In a small resealable bag, add vibrant green candy melts. Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Knead the bag and if necessary return to the microwave for 10 second increments at 50% power, kneading after each time in the microwave, until smooth. Snip the tip of the bag and swirl on the green candy melts. Repeat with the white candy melts mixture.
3. Let set to harden and cut.
Toss baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until candy melts are set. Remove from refrigerator and cut with a sharp knife, creating irregular pieces. Enjoy!
It won’t last long!
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Snack
- 40 Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag green candy melts 12 oz
- 25 wafers vibrant green candy melts
- 25 wafers bright white candy melts
- green and white sprinkles
- green and white sixlet candies
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line sheet with crackers and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and sugar, stirring constantly. Boil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer gritty. Immediately pour on top of crackers and spread with the back of a spoon. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions and spread over crackers. Smooth the candy with the back of a spoon.
- Add sprinkles and candy to the top.
- Place vibrant green candy melt wafers into a resealable sandwich bag but do not seal. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds and knead. If necessary, repeat heating in 10 second intervals at 50% power kneading after each time in the microwave, until smooth. Snip the tip of the bag and swirl on top of the green candy. Repeat with the white candy melt wafers.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until hard. Cut into squares or small pieces and serve.
You may also enjoy these St. Patrick’s Day ideas on Kenarry:
- St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- Pretzel Shamrocks
- Most Festive Chocolate Mint Shamrock Cookies Recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifles: Easy Dessert Idea
Originally published March 2019. Updated February 2020.