These easy to make Valentine cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat! Everyone will think they are homemade/store bought but only you will know how much time and money you saved by starting with a boxed mix.
Hello everyone! I’m Erica from Craft Create Cook bringing you another easy recipe. As you might know by now I am all about the
Now easy to make doesn’t have to mean it lacks in flavor or love. It means I saved so much time and money by starting with a boxed cupcake mix (usually a $1.00) and used extras to decorate all festive like. That’s the fun part anyway, right?
Whose gonna want to pass by these cupcakes covered in frosting, sprinkles and M&M’s? Not me.
How to make these Easy to Make Valentine Cupcakes:
There’s just a few simple steps to follow and your Valentine Cupcakes will be ready before you know it.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Kenarry: Ideas for the Home will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen or Craft/DIY Tools Needed:
- large mixing bowl
- hand or stand mixer
- cupcake pan
- measuring cup to scoop the batter out
- decorating bag
- large star decorating tip
- cupcake liners
Supplies or Ingredients Needed:
- vanilla cake mix (usually calls for oil, eggs and water)
- Heart sprinkles
- Valentine M&M’s
- 2 cans vanilla frosting
1. Prepare your cupcakes:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Prepare your cupcakes by mixing the cake mix with oil, eggs and water like the box directions say (some may vary).
Fill each cupcake liner halfway with your vanilla batter, bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
2. Decorate your cupcakes.
Place a large star tip in your decorating bag and cut the end of the bag off. Fill the bag with frosting and use the bag to frost each cupcake starting in the center and working your way out.
Top each cupcake with heart sprinkles.
Use the red, pink and white M&M’s to make X’s and O’s on your cupcakes for hugs and kisses.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cans vanilla frosting
- Wilton heart sprinkles
- 2 cups Valentine M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare your cupcakes by mixing the cake mix with oil, eggs and water like the box directions say (some may vary).
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway with your vanilla batter, bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Place a large star tip in your decorating bag and cut the end of the bag off. Fill the bag with frosting and use the bag to frost each cupcake starting in the center and working your way out.
- Top each cupcake with heart sprinkles.
- Use the red, pink and white M&M’s to make X’s and O’s on your cupcakes for hugs and kisses.
You may also enjoy these Valentine ideas on Kenarry:
- Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids: Free Printable
- Easy DIY Valentine’s Day Wreath with Fabric Scraps
- Fish Valentines: Free Printable Cards for Kids
Craft Create Cook is a group of 3 women, Kari, Jill and Erica, whose passion is to craft, create and cook! Between the 3 of them, there are 6 kids and 3 dogs. As Michigan natives, these talented women have an eye for detail and love creating exciting crafts, reviewing products, cook simple budget friendly foods to elaborate desserts and create lifestyle posts for DIY projects, frugal living, family activities, and everyday topics.
Follow Craft Create Cook on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.