If you have lots of pictures laying around that you’ve been meaning to buy frames for, you’ll love these Easy Wood Photo Frames. These frames are made out of only a few materials which makes them super easy and you’ll be able to customize them however you would like.
Hi everyone! It’s Erica bringing you a fun craft you can make any time of the year. I have had scrap wood in my garage forever now and I can’t seem to get rid of it with the wood prices being crazy and all. So I took a couple of small pieces and made them into photo frames. It’s a great way to use what you have and have a fun time crafting with a friend.
How to Make Easy Wood Photo Frames:
I love these wood photo frames because you can customize them for each room in your house. Any color you paint them, they will all look amazing. This is even easier to make than the DIY mosaic frame – and it has a lovely beach theme.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
DIY Tools Needed:
Easy Wood Photo Frame Tips:
cut your wood
Sand your wood block
paint your wood block
Choose a color best that best suits your room style and paint the wood block with 2 coats of paint and let dry.
Cut and attach your ribbon
Cut a 15.5″ piece of ribbon and wrap it around the bottom of your painted woodblock, leaving about 1/2″ of empty space at the bottom. Carefully hammer in an upholstery tack on each side of the front to hold the ribbon in place. Hot glue the ribbon ends together in the back.
Slide a picture in
Slide a 4×6″ picture into the ribbon at the bottom of the painted woodblock and set it anywhere in your home.
Easy Wood Photo Frame
- 1 1x5x7 wood board
- 1 oz acrylic paint any color
- 2 upholstery tacks
- 15.5" ribbon any color
- 1 piece sandpaper 150, 220
- 1 piece tack cloth
- Carefully use a table saw to cut a piece of wood 5×7" or stop by your local hardware store and ask them to cut it for you (this is the best way to go).
- Use a 150 grit piece of sandpaper to sand all sides of your wood block, then switch to a 220 grit piece of sand paper and sand again. Use a piece of tack cloth to remove any dust from sanding.
- Choose a color best that best suites your room style and paint the wood block with 2 coats of paint and let dry.
- Cut a 15.5" piece of ribbon and wrap it around the bottom of your painted wood block, leaving about 1/2" of empty space at the bottom. Carefully hammer in an upholstery tack on each side of the front to hold the ribbon in place. Hot glue the ribbon ends together in the back.
- Slide a 4×6" picture into the ribbon at the bottom of the painted wood block and set anywhere in your home.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this Easy Wood Photo Frame then you’ll enjoy these summertime ideas too.
You may also enjoy these other wood craft ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –