This free printable Fall Home Maintenance Checklist makes it easy to know how to keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season.
A few weeks ago, Karleia Steiner shared with us 5 Reasons Why You Need a Home Maintenance Checklist. We thought it would be great to work with her to create a home maintenance checklist for each of the four seasons to help you keep your home in excellent condition all year-round.
There’s no time like the present to get started before the weather gets any colder! Below you’ll find suggestions we created with Karleia’s assistance for a Fall Home Maintenance Checklist. We also created a printable version so you can easily carry it with you around the house:
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Store outdoor furniture and cushions.
- Inspect chimney and roof for cracks and damage.
- Clean downspouts and gutters.
- Rake leaves and shred to use as mulch or dispose of them based on local guidelines.
- Cut back perennial plants and mulch around the base. See guidelines.
- Remove hoses from spigots and drain. Store indoors, coiled and flat.
- Close or install storm windows.
- Test snow blower and have it professionally serviced if necessary.
- Dust blinds and wash curtains throughout your house.
- Clean kitchen and bathroom cabinets and dispose of outdated food, medicine and cosmetics.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when you set clocks back in the fall.
- Check windows and doors for weather-tightness and install weather stripping where it’s needed.
- Have furnace professionally inspected.
- If needed, set traps for rodents.
What else would you add to this Fall Home Maintenance Checklist? Please comment below to let us know. We’re always looking for new ideas. Also, be sure to subscribe to Kenarry so you don’t miss our Home Maintenance Checklists for upcoming seasons. When you subscribe, we’ll also send you a FREE gift!
If you liked the Fall Home Maintenance Checklist, please share it with your friends or pin for later:
You may also like these other Home Maintenance Ideas on Kenarry: