This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is made with just a few simple ingredients and makes a perfectly delicious side dish for any meal.
Hello there, Kenarry readers and friends! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back today sharing a fresh, and springy side dish recipe with all of you. While the first day of spring is still a couple more weeks away, you can make yourself some of this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and let all of that green goodness trick you into thinking it’s already here!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
I love vegetables. I could eat them all day and with every meal if I had the time to prepare them. I know, that sounds like the craziest statement ever. I mean, who goes around declaring their love for vegetables as if it’s the same as iced coffee, pizza, or chocolate cake?! Well, maybe I should be a little more specific. I love roasted vegetables.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen tools needed:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
There is just something magical that happens to vegetables when you pop them in the oven and roast them. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in veggies, cuts out the bitterness, and automatically makes them 100 times more delicious.
Garlic and parmesan are two of my favorite ingredients to add to just about any kind of savory recipe, so tossing them in with my asparagus was a no-brainer. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper, then spritz with some olive oil and you are good to go.
I prepare my roasted asparagus on the same cookie sheet that it bakes on. I can’t stand extra dishes to wash, so if a recipe allows a short-cut, I go for it! Just mix everything together on top of the aluminum foil lined pan then spread it out and bake for about 8 minutes. I don’t like to go any longer than that because then the asparagus gets too soft for my liking. I like it to be a little bit crisp and not mushy.
Do you have a favorite veggie dish that makes you think of spring? Share your ideas with us below! Carrie and I would love to hear them!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Rinse the asparagus and trim off woody end pieces. Spread out in a thin layer on top of the prepared cookie sheet.
- Spray the asparagus lightly with a coat of olive oil spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Use your hands to mix the asparagus with all of the ingredients, then lay out into an even layer again. Spray with one more light coat of olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more yummy veggie recipes? You might like these:
While you’re here be sure to check out these easy side dish ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Cucumber Greek Salad: An Easy Summer Side Dish
- Roasted Potato and Onion Wedges: Simply Seasoned Side Dish
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe
Originally published March 2016. Updated February 2020.