This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Parents put a lot of time and effort into putting together their children’s Halloween costumes and taking them door to door for candy. They deserve to get a treat too! I designed these Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Pumpkins with a little “Parent Potion” tag thanking them for bringing their little pumpkins over to trick or treat. With this free printable you can quickly turn regular Dasani water bottles into festive Halloween snacks!
My favorite part of Halloween is seeing children dressed as princesses, superheroes, fairies, scarecrows, animals and more walking around the neighborhood. Their costumes are just so cute and often very creative. Many parents put a lot of time, effort and thought into creating the perfect costume for their little ones. Then they have to trudge through the cold temperatures and dark of night to take those children door to door in search of treats.
I wanted to come up with something special you can give parents and their wee ones when they come over to your house this year. By the time they follow those little sugar fueled ghosts and ghouls running from house to house, they’re bound to be thirsty. Fanta orange soda and Dasani water seemed like a great combo to offer Halloween visitors.
The Fanta orange soda in mini-cans are great to set out for the kiddos. At 7.5 fl oz, it’s just the right size for the little guys to drink between houses. Plus the orange color makes Fanta mini-cans perfect Halloween snacks because they’re so cute and already look like little pumpkins!
For the parents, I designed a Halloween jack o’ lantern printable because I thought the green caps on the Dasani water bottles look just like pumpkin stems! You can easily download the free printable label at home then wrap around the plastic bottles. All Dasani bottles are made from plant resin making them good for the environment. Unlike most ‘green’, plastic water bottles, these ones are sturdy. Plus they’re a special shape so they won’t fall over in the fridge or if you set them on a table for parents to grab when they come by your house on Halloween night. I used 16.9 oz Dasani water bottles, but they also come in a smaller 12 oz size perfect for trick or treating hydration.
How to Make Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Pumpkins
What you need:
- Dasani water bottles, 16.9 fl oz.
- Access to a computer and color printer
- White cardstock
- Hole punch
- Green curling ribbon
1. Buy the water and gather your supplies. I was able to quickly and easily find the Dasani water bottles in a 24-pack case at my local Walmart down the water aisle.
2. Download the Free Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable. You can download the Free Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable (703 KB PDF) and save the document to your computer for your own personal use.
3. Print and cut. Print the Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable in color on white cardstock, then trim along the top and bottom edges with scissors.
3. Cut out the green leaf tag and punch a hole. The “Parent Potion” tag is a fun option if you’re going to be giving the Dasani water bottles to parents on Halloween night. For other events, parties and Halloween snacks, you can just use it as a pattern to cut your own leaf shape from green construction paper or cardstock to use with the Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Pumpkins.
4. Wrap the Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable around the bottle. Place the Dasani water bottle in the center of the printable and wrap one side around the bottle. Secure with a small piece of tape to hold the label in place.
Then wrap the other side, making sure that the thick black horizontal lines at the top and bottom match up with one another. Secure in place with tape and press your fingers along the seam to make sure the tape seals the Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable closed.
6. Tie the leaf tag on the Dasani water bottle pumpkins with green curling ribbon. To get the Parent Potion leaves to stand out and stay forward, there’s a little trick for tying on the curling ribbon. Cut the amount of green curling ribbon you wish to use, then fold it in half to create a loop. Put the loop through the hole in the leaf as shown in step one. Next, take the tail end of the ribbon and put it through the loop, like you see in step two. Pull the ribbon tight to create the tag like the third step shows. Last, wrap the ribbon below the green Dasani water bottle cap. Tie a knot and use scissors to curl the ribbon as you see in step four.
Doesn’t it look pretty? I think it will be a big hit with moms and dads who visit your house this year.
Even the back side of the Halloween Dasani Water Bottle Printable has some fun messages for them!
Tip: In Michigan, where we live, it’s usually so cold on Halloween night, we can just set out Fanta cans and the Dasani water bottle pumpkins on a table for display. If you live in a warmer climate and want to throw them in a tub with ice, you’ll want to laminate the labels or cover them in clear contact paper first so the ink doesn’t run.
What spooky snacks and Halloween treats will you be passing out at your house this year? Please comment below and share. We’re always looking for new ideas. Also, be sure to follow Dasani on Twitter for even more great ideas for Halloween spooky snacks!
If you liked this idea, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
You may also enjoy these other Halloween ideas on Kenarry: