Festive Holiday Sangria is a sweet wine Christmas cocktail idea with fruit and spice. Make this drink ahead of time to serve at your party.
This festive and colourful Holiday Sangria is a sweet wine cocktail loaded with fruit and spice. Make this budget-friendly drink ahead of time and then pull the pitcher out of the fridge just as guests are arriving.
When thinking of a fun drink to make ahead and serve our guests, I knew I needed to spice up my favourite summertime drink for wintertime. Sangrias are a fantastic cocktail for making a big batch and this holiday sangria recipe with cinnamon was a real crowd pleaser. I could have easily made twice as much, and the great thing about a recipe like this, is that you double, or triple, it very easily.
When picking the best red wine to use for this sangria, the secret is picking something slightly sweet and cheap. Pick up a bottle for under $10 to make this an inexpensive party punch for your holiday gatherings.
Allowing your festive sangria to rest is important to giving it a sweet and full flavour. It allows the fruit to infuse the wine and sweeten up the sangria, while letting the flavours mellow out.
- 1 bottle of red wine cabernet sauvignon, merlot or shiraz
- 1-1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 pear washed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime washed and thinly sliced
- 1 can approx 1-1/2 cups ginger ale
- Pour wine into a large pitch. Add the juices, vodka, cinnamon sticks and fruit; and give it a stir.
- Cover the pitcher and then put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours to allow to flavours to develop.
- When you're ready to serve, add the ginger ale and stir gently to combine.
- Serve extra fruit slices and cranberries as a garnish.
Visit my blog for more holiday ideas:
For more delicious holiday recipes check out these Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ Favorites.