Summer and lemons go together like surf and sand. And nothing quite says summertime like lemonade. Now you can enjoy the scent of lemonade all year long with this easy to make Lemon Sugar Scrub.
Hello, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ friends! I’m Pam from The Birch Cottage and I’m back again this month to share yet another DIY project with you. This Lemon Sugar Scrub really is not only easy to make, but you probably have all the ingredients you need right in your kitchen.
I make this sugar scrub using the juice of one lemon, but you can also make it using essential oil. I haven’t actually tried making it with essential oil, but I’ve found other very similar recipes that use essential oils instead, like this recipe from I Heart Naptime.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Supplies
There are a few supplies you’ll need to make this lemon sugar scrub.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Instructions
Now that you have your supplies all gathered up, it’s time to whip up a batch of lemon sugar scrub:
1. Melt ¼ cup coconut oil in a microwave safe measuring cup.
2. Measure 1 cup sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Gradually add melted coconut oil to sugar and mix to combine.
4. Roll a whole lemon against the counter, applying pressure with the palm of your hand until the lemon has softened. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl with the sugar and coconut oil. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Optional: Grate 2 tablespoons lemon zest and add to sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
6. Spoon sugar scrub into one 8 oz wide mouth jar or two 4 oz jars.
Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 lemon
- Melt ¼ cup coconut oil in microwave safe measuring cup for about 30 seconds.
- Measure 1 cup sugar into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Gradually add melted coconut oil to sugar and mix to combine.
- Roll a lemon against the counter, applying pressure with the palm of your hand until the lemon has softened. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl with the sugar and coconut oil. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Grate 2 tablespoons lemon zest and add to sugar mixture. Mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spoon sugar scrub into one 8 oz wide mouth jar or two 4 oz jars.
Free Printable Lemon Sugar Scrub Labels and Tags
Because I just love to give homemade gifts, I wanted to provide you with some free printable labels for your lemon sugar scrub. There are two different printables. One is the sugar scrub label and is designed to be applied to the lid of your Mason jar. The other is a sugar scrub tag that was designed to be attached with twine or string around the jar. The label reads, “Lemon Sugar Scrub” and the tag lists the ingredients and use instructions.
The Lemon Sugar Scrub label and tag are available as a free download when you sign-up below!
Once you’ve confirmed your e-mail address, we’ll send you the free digital printables. Plus you’ll have the opportunity to get our weekly Ideas In Your Inbox newsletter as well as access to our resource library stocked with free printables, product discounts and other content that is EXCLUSIVE for Kenarry Idea Insiders only.
Then you just need to download the PDF files and save them to your computer. This Lemon Sugar Scrub label and tag as well as all other free printables from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ are for your own PERSONAL USE ONLY.
Finishing Your Lemon Sugar Scrub
Print either the label or the tag — or print both! Affix the label to the lid of your jar. Attach the tag around the lid or jar.
The Lemon Sugar Scrub Labels were designed for use with Avery 22817 round printable labels. Although you can print the labels out on regular printer paper or card stock, I highly recommend the use of the adhesive Avery labels. Simply print out the labels and affix to the lid of your jar.
The Lemon Sugar Scrub Tags were designed for use with Avery square tags. Again, you could print them out on regular printer paper or card stock, but I highly recommend the use of Avery’s printable tags. The tags actually come pre-punched, making attaching the tags to your jar even easier.
Other Sugar Scrub Recipes
There are plenty of homemade sugar scrub recipes and you’ll even find some of the best right here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™. You know, I don’t even know why someone would buy a sugar scrub when you can make the real thing so easily and inexpensively. Besides this Lemon Sugar Scrub, you’ll find Coconut Lime Foot Scrub
and this Vanilla Pumpkin Pie Spice Sugar Scrub.
Wouldn’t this Coconut Lime Foot Scrub be perfect paired with this Lemon Sugar Scrub?! All three of these scrubs work amazingly well, are easy to make, and come with printable labels. And, they all are perfect for gift giving!
I make sugar scrub for my family every year. Why? Because they love it and it’s so easy to make! I just happen to think the refreshing scent of lemons will make for a nice little “burst of summer” during the dreary winter days – or any time, for that matter!
If you like this Lemon Sugar Scrub, you might also like these other handmade gift ideas from The Birch Cottage:
Til next time…
If you liked this easy gift idea check out these other great posts:
Pam is the creative behind The Birch Cottage, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on family-friendly DIY projects, recipes, tutorials and family. An accounting clerk by day and a self-proclaimed Pinterest addict by night, you are sure to find creative ideas and meal inspirations at The Birch Cottage.