Need a quick and yummy pick-me-up? These no bake Energy Bites are sure to do the trick!
Hi everyone – I’m Lisa from Life on Merlin. I’m thrilled to be back at Kenarry this month with these super easy no bake energy bites!
So…What makes these delicious treats “energy bites”? It’s all the great ingredients that go into them.
- Oats – Along with many other health benefits, oats help you stay energized all day long.
- Flax Seeds – Flax seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. Some believe that flax seeds improve your energy levels and moods. Super good for you!
- Chocolate – Wait a minute….chocolate? Yep! Chocolate is a natural energy booster that contains caffeine.
- Peanut Butter – Contains healthy fats and protein for energy.
- Honey – Honey give you an immediate energy boost and lasts for quite a while, without the sugar crash!
These little no bake energy bites are so yummy and so easy to whip up. They are great to pack in your kids’ lunches for a quick pick-me-up, perfect to eat for a fast breakfast or pop in your mouth for an afternoon snack. The delicious ingredients are sure to please everyone. And the kids won’t even suspect that these are good for them!
So here is how these no bake energy bites.
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine the flax seeds, mini chocolate chips, and oats in a bowl.
- Stir in the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Put bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on a plate. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- Put plate into freezer for about ½ hr.
The recipe makes about 20 one inch balls.
I hope you enjoy this wonderfully tasty treat! Check out some of my other delicious and healthy recipes from my blog:
Lisa is a busy wife, mother and church pianist. Her blog, Life on Merlin, is a lifestyle blog that focuses on easy DIY projects and simple recipes. She loves quotes, printables, and seasonal decor. Her goal is to simplify life and help others add some peace to everyday living.