These easy Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect treat for summer time. Dip them in red, white, and blue sprinkles to enjoy at your 4th of July celebration!
Hi there Kenarry readers, and happy almost-summer! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back for a fun, Patriotic themed edition of Ideas for the Kitchen, a blog series where Carrie and I swap recipes once a month. With summer just around the corner, we decided it would be fun to share some yummy ideas for poolside treats. Today I’ve brought over some super easy Ice Cream Sandwiches that I dressed them up with some red white and blue sprinkles for a Patriotic touch! They’re the perfect the treat for celebrating the 4th!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Patriotic Pudding Popsicles.
Raise your hand if you’re ready for summer! Is your hand up? Mine definitely is! I’m really looking forward to having some time to just relax and unwind with my little ones over the next couple of months. My son just graduated from preschool last week (tear!), so I’m trying to soak up all of those sweet, fun moments with him before Kindergarten starts.
Right now, playing in the pool is one of his favorite things to do, so we will probably be spending a lot of time by the water this summer. And what do I enjoy most about pool time? Oh, that’s easy. The pool FOOD!
How to Make Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
YES. I love eating pool side, especially when it’s a sweet frozen treat like these Ice Cream Sandwiches. Y’all are going to love how simple these are to make. Three ingredients; that’s it! If you decide to make your cookies homemade there will be a few more ingredients, but I went the easy route and picked mine up from that wonderful, lovely store called Costco.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Here’s what you’ll need from the store. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Besides cookies, the only other things you need are vanilla ice cream, and some sprinkles. I made these with red white and blue sprinkles, and they would be the perfect treat for the 4th of July!
Tips for making chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches
You’ll start out by putting a nice big scoop of ice cream on the flat side of one cookie…
Then add your second cookie on top and smoosh down a bit.
Roll the ice cream sides in some patriotic sprinkles and you’re done! Easy peasy!
Alright y’all, I hope you enjoy these yummy ice cream sandwiches! Are there other pool side treats that you like to enjoy in the summer time? Be sure to share them with us below.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 Chocolate Chip Cookies homemade or store bought
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 teaspoons Red White and Blue Sprinkles
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl and set aside. Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften just slightly. Add one heaping scoop of ice cream to flat side of one chocolate chip cookie.
- Add second cookie to the top, flat side down. Push down slightly to seal cookies and ice cream together to make a sandwich.
- If ice cream is too soft and squishes out, use a small spatula to scrape around the ice cream and smooth the edges.
- Dip edges of the ice cream sandwich in the sprinkles. Individually wrap sandwich in plastic wrap to freeze for a few hours.
Looking for more summer time treats? You might like:
While you’re here be sure to check out these 4th of July ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Red, White and Blue Layered Jello Cake for 4th of July
- Patriotic Parfaits: Perfectly Simple for Independence Day
- Patriotic Cupcake Toppers for July 4th Celebrations
Originally published June 2015. Updated May 2020.