This allergy-friendly carrot cake recipe can be enjoyed during kid’s parties or tea parties. Whatever the occasion it is sure to be a hit!
The most perfect allergy-friendly carrot cake I have ever tried is right at your fingertips! If you don’t have any allergies, but just love carrot cake I insist you try this recipe too. It’s a treat that can be enjoyed during kid’s parties or even tea parties.
This is Alycia from Our Homestead Where My Heart Is, and I promise it will not disappoint. Whatever the occasion it is sure to be a hit! When I made this for my daughter’s second birthday everyone kept talking about how delicious it was. They never even knew I had changed the recipe to be allergy-friendly for me and my son!
How to bake allergy-friendly carrot cake
This cake is made from scratch with allergy-friendly ingredients. Here’s what I used:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen tools needed:
When you make this cake, these are the kitchen tools you will need.
- mixing bowls
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- spoons or rubber spatula
- mini food processor or a grater or a mandolin
- 9 x 13 baking pan, 2 round 9-inch pans or a cupcake pan
- tin foil
- plastic toy horses (optional)
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Organic sugar
- Duck Eggs
- Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- Baking Soda
- Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Walnuts (Optional)
It is decorated just like any old birthday cake, but even better inside! For my daughter’s birthday, we added a few horse toys to the top because she is obsessed. 😉
Can You Substitute Chicken eggs for duck eggs?
We used duck eggs but chicken eggs can be substituted. Use the same amount.
Shred the Carrots really fine
Use a mandolin or a food processor. Make sure the carrot is sliced really thin. You want it to blend in with the cake.
It’s as simple as that. Just slice your cake up and enjoy!
The Perfect Allergy Friendly Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- 4 duck eggs large chicken eggs can be substituted
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons of goat coconut, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare either one 13×9-inch pan, two round 9-inch cake pans, or 36 muffin cups by gently rubbing the bottom and sides with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and eggs. Gently add room temperature oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until blended. Be careful not to over mix. Fold in grated carrots and nuts then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you’re making muffins reduce the time to 30 minutes. Prepare the frosting while the cake is cooking. Cool the cake to room temperature. Wrap in tinfoil and freeze. This keeps crumbs out of the frosting while decorating.
- To make the frosting beat room temperature butter and cream cheese with milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time until smooth and creamy. Add more a little bit at a time if it seems runny. Frost the cake and keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve and enjoy!
Want to see more pictures of my adorable kiddos? Do you wonder why my daughter is obsessed with horses? Head on over to my blog at Our Homestead Where my Heart Is. Don’t forget to check out some of my favorite posts!
If you enjoyed my allergy-friendly carrot cake, you will love these posts too.
And, be sure to check out these other delicious dessert ideas from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- The Ultimate Chocolate Cake Recipe from a Box
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Chocolate Dipped S’mores on a Stick
Originally published August 2017. Updated February 2020.