This Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe is an easy dinner idea your kids will love. It’s lightly breaded and baked, not fried, for a delicious healthier meal you can have on the table in just 30 minutes!
When school nights get busy, how do you help your family to eat healthy while still getting dinner on the table quickly? Today, we’re going to show you how to make Popcorn Chicken Nuggets, one of our family’s favorite easy dinner ideas!
Kid-Friendly Dinner Idea
In just a few short weeks, we’ll be sending our five-year-old off to kindergarten. It’s a strange feeling knowing he’s going to start spending more waking hours at school than he does at home. I get a little misty-eyed whenever I think about it too much. He’s a bright young boy though, who loves to learn. I know he’s more than ready for the challenges that lie ahead… I just don’t know if I am! GULP!
To help him ease into the first few days of school, I’m planning to make some of his favorite foods for dinner. The number one meal on his list right now are these tasty Popcorn Chicken Nuggets. He keeps asking me when we’re going to have them again.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
easy popcorn chicken nuggets
I originally shared this Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe a few weeks ago at Belle of the Kitchen. Every month Ashlyn and I trade delicious recipes to bring you new ideas for the kitchen.
Since she’s also sending her firstborn child to kindergarten this fall, we thought it would be fun to share easy back-to-school meal ideas this month for those busy weeknight dinners. While I was there, Ashlyn was here sharing her amazing Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle Bake recipe. It looks delicious, so you ought to check it out while you’re here.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Chicken breasts
- Butter, melted
- Worcestershire sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
- Garlic powder
How to Make Homemade Baked Popcorn Chicken Nuggets
This Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe is super easy to make. It involves tasty bite-sized pieces of chicken that are lightly breaded and baked, rather than deep-fried.
Here are some tips that I found to help me out when I make this recipe.
1.) Bread the Chicken
All you have to do is cut up the chicken into small bite-sized chunks and toss them in a resealable bag with the breading ingredients.
If you don’t have a plastic bag like this, you can toss them in a bowl too. I just found that the bag makes clean-up a lot easier.
2.) Spread On A Cookie Sheet and Bake
That’s it! Honestly, they are as easy to make as frozen nuggets.
The first time I made this Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe, my five-year-old gave them a “two thumbs up with all the fingers AND toes” which is the highest rank possible in his mind. His two-year-old little brother promptly chimed in with a resounding “nummy, nummy, YUMMY!” So I can say with confidence, I believe your children are going to LOVE this Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe as much as my picky eaters do.
Popcorn Chicken Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized cubes and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in the melted butter and Worcestershire sauce. Seal the bag and shake it to distribute the butter evenly.
- Add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and spices. Reseal and shake the bag to coat the Popcorn Chicken Nuggets.
- Spread the breaded Popcorn Chicken Nuggets on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turning once or twice. Enjoy!
Popcorn Chicken Nuggets Recipe Serving Suggestions
This Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe is a quick meal you can have ready for your family in only 30 minutes. Here are some suggestions to help:
- Use kitchen scissors rather than a knife to cut up the chicken. It’s a faster way to make those bite-sized Popcorn Chicken Nuggets.
- Cut the chicken the night before and keep it in the resealable plastic bag overnight. This will help you save time and make it easier to get your Popcorn Chicken Nuggets on the table.
- We love to eat our Popcorn Chicken Nuggets with barbecue sauce and ketchup, but they’d also be delicious dipped in ranch dressing or honey mustard.
What’s your go-to easy meal to make on a busy school night? Please comment below and share. We’re always looking for new ideas for the kitchen. Of course, if you have ideas to help moms cope with sending their kids to kindergarten, we’d love to hear those suggestions too!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
While you’re here, you may also enjoy other easy dinner ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Melts
- Easy Turkey Sausage Quinoa.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
If you liked this Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe, please share it with your friends or pin it for later: