Have you ever had a cookie made with potato chips? Whether you answered yes or no to that question this salty and sweet Potato Chip Cookies Recipe is one to pin!
Hey there Kenarry readers! Trish here with a salty and sweet cookie recipe that is sure to be an instant favorite for anyone who loves both chocolate and chips. Chips as in potato chips! That’s right, salty potato chips combined with sweet chocolate chips in the form of a soft batch cookie.
These are just as delicious as homemade cranberry chocolate chip cookies – but with a salty bite!
How to Make Potato Chip Cookies
These dreamy combination cookies bake in less than 10 minutes; however, it is important to note that the dough will need to chill in the refrigerator for an hour after it is prepared.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Hand or Stand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Spoon
- Cookie Scoop
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Cooling Rack
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Butter, softened
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
- Potato Chips (I like to use Ruffles.)
Additional Tips for Potato Chip Cookies:
- When breaking up the potato chips do not create small pieces or pour crumbs into the dough. Use 3/4 inch or larger pieces.
- After scooping the cookie dough onto the baking sheet gently press a couple of chip pieces into the tops of the dough to ensure your cookies bake with potato chips on top of cookies.
Creative Ideas for Potato Chip Cookies:
- Try them with butterscotch chips! Replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips and enjoy and even sweeter yet just as tasty flavor combination.
- Replace the salty potato chips with your favorite chips. If you have a favorite potato chip flavor like BBQ or sour cream and cheese potato chips, pair them with your favorite candy chip and create your own signature cookie.
- Create Potato Chip Cookie Bars instead of individual cookies! Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9×13 pan then press the dough into an even layer in the pan. If desired, add additional pieces of Potato Chips to the top of the dough layer then bake for 30 minutes at 350* degrees.
Potato Chip Cookies Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Use a mixer to cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Next add in the eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla then continue to mix until well combine.
- Slowly add flour into the mixture ½ cup at a time and use a heavy spoon to mix until the dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and potato chip pieces into dough then refrigerate for one hour.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Allow cookies to rest on the hot pan for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Potato Chip Cookies then you’ll enjoy these salty and sweet recipes too.
You may also enjoy these cookie recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –