Happy Fall, Kenarry readers! I’m Sondra Lyn from Sondra Lyn at Home here with my Creative Team post for October: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce!
Fall is my favorite season – I love the colors, the smells, the tastes… well just about everything about this time of year. And I don’t think I’ve ever met a pumpkin I didn’t like! That goes for both decorating my home and fall recipes too! Today it’s my delight to share with you my recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce.
For this recipe, I sprinkled a scant pinch of sea salt to the top of the caramel and the whipped cream. You don’t want it too salty, so if you prefer to use unsalted butter for the crust, you certainly can.
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups ginger snap or graham cracker crumbs
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 T Melted Butter
- 3 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can 15oz pumpkin
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 jar caramel topping
- whipped cream
- coarse sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush cookies and nuts in food processor, mix with 3 T brown sugar and 4 T melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9" springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese with heavy-duty mixer on medium speed until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Add sugar and mix until blended. Add pumpkin, vanilla and spices; mix together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time until incorporated into mixture.
- Pour onto baked crust in springform pan. Spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until top is lightly browned and set. Try not to overbake, as the top will crack.
- Cool to room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Cut and drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle a slight pinch of salt on top. Top with whipped cream.
And here’s a perfectly pinnable graphic, so you can pin and find the recipe any time you get ready!
Thanks for reading today! I hope you have a wonderful fall, and I’ll see you in November!
Sondra Lyn is an interior designer, wife to her engineer husband for 37 years, Mom to two grown daughters and MamaLyn to one amazing 2-year-old boy, and a beautiful 3 month old baby girl. Sondra left a full-time job to pursue her dream of starting Sondra Lyn at Home, a design biz and blog that, in turn, strives to help you find more contentment in your life, to inspire you to follow your dreams and your passions, and to nurture your creative side. She is a Southern gal, and loves all things vintage!