For fall, it’s hard to beat a treat like this Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce. So many great flavors all rolled into one dessert!
Happy Fall, Kenarry readers! I’m Sondra Lyn from Sondra Lyn at Home here with my Creative Team post for October: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce!
Indulgent Fall Dessert idea
Fall is my favorite season – I love the colors, the smells, the tastes… well just about everything about this time of year. And I don’t think I’ve ever met a pumpkin I didn’t like! That goes for both decorating my home and fall recipes too! Today it’s my delight to share with you my recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce.
How to make homemade pumpkin cheesecake
It’s hard to beat cheesecake for a winning dessert, but when pumpkin is added, it takes the ordinary cheesecake to a whole new level!
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But first, let’s look at the ingredients you need to have on hand to make it.
This recipe will show you how to make everything from scratch – including the crust. Here’s what you need to make it.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Brown Sugar
- Chopped Pecans
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree
- Caramel Topping
- Whipped Cream
- Sea Salt
For this recipe, I sprinkled a scant pinch of sea salt to the top of the caramel and the whipped cream. You don’t want it too salty, so if you prefer to use unsalted butter for the crust, you certainly can.
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups ginger snap or graham cracker crumbs
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 T Melted Butter
- 3 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can 15oz pumpkin
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 jar caramel topping
- whipped cream
- coarse sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush cookies and nuts in food processor, mix with 3 T brown sugar and 4 T melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9″ springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese with heavy-duty mixer on medium speed until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Add sugar and mix until blended. Add pumpkin, vanilla and spices; mix together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time until incorporated into mixture.
- Pour onto baked crust in springform pan. Spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until top is lightly browned and set. Try not to overbake, as the top will crack.
- Cool to room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Cut and drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle a slight pinch of salt on top. Top with whipped cream.
And here’s a perfectly pinnable graphic, so you can pin and find the recipe any time you get ready!
Here are some other delicious recipes along with my fall mantel:
Thanks for reading today! I hope you have a wonderful fall, and I’ll see you in November!
Need more dessert ideas? Check out these delicious fall recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Salted Caramel Butter Bars Recipe: Easy Dessert Idea
- Caramel Apple Pudding Cups: A Sweet Treat for Fall
- Pumpkin Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Originally published October 2015. Updated October 2018.