This Pumpkin Sheet Cake is full of sweet, fall flavors and finished off with a cream cheese icing. It’s easy to make and perfect for a crowd!
Hi there Kenarry readers! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back for a fun fall edition of Ideas for the Kitchen, a blog series where Carrie and I swap recipes once a month. For October we decided there was no better way to celebrate than with the fruit of the season– pumpkin! If you’re a pumpkin lover, then you’re definitely going to enjoy the recipe that I brought over for you today: Pumpkin Sheet Cake!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Pumpkin Pie Parfaits.
Don’t you just love fall? I know I do! I can’t help but look forward to the change of seasons, even if that change is almost nonexistent out here in Hawaii. Our weather pretty much never changes, but boy do I love when the time comes around to pull out my big storage tubs full of decorations for fall and Halloween! I finally got to make that happen last week, and I have been a happy camper ever since!
Now that it’s fall, it’s also time to bask in the glory of all things pumpkin! I know that I enjoy my fair share of pumpkin spice lattes, and pumpkin scented candles. I also bought pumpkin scented hand sanitizer the other day! Now I can truly smell like the season no matter where I go, or how many diapers I’ve changed! Oh yes, the joys of being a mama.
I feel like pumpkin has really grown in popularity over the past few years. Before the big pumpkin spice latte craze, I don’t know if I had really had pumpkin any other way than simply as a pie, and that was really just reserved for Thanksgiving. I’m one of those die-hard pumpkin fans though, so to me, the more the merrier!
While I do enjoy pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, I also really love this Pumpkin Sheet Cake. It’s super easy to whip up and makes enough for a crowd, so it’s great to take to work or holiday functions. I like to sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and some chopped pecans over the top before serving, just for a little extra pizazz.
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe that’s perfect for fall? Share your idea with us below! Carrie and I would love to hear what gets you excited for the changing seasons!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Pumpkin Sheet Cake:
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree Can (Not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour All-Purpose
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 cup Butter Softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/2-4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10 inch pan (a large rimmed cookie sheet for me) and set aside.
- Beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil, and eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Gradually add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting: beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar until smooth and desired consistency is reached. Add in a couple teaspoons of milk to thin out frosting. Spread on top of cooled cake then sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped pecans if desired.
Looking for more pumpkin recipe ideas? You might like:
Looking for even more fall treats? Check out these amazing recipes.