Happy Wednesday, Kenarry readers! It’s Ashlyn here from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back this month to share a yummy and easy appetizer with all of you. With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, we thought y’all might be interested in some delicious snacks to enjoy while you watch the big game. Today I’m sharing this simple and flavorful Roasted Red Pepper Dip, which is sure to be a hit with your guests!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Homemade Baked Onion Rings. She’ll be sharing them here on Kenarry in a couple of weeks, but if you want to go ahead and take a peek, you can visit Belle of the Kitchen to check them out!
When it comes to appetizers, dips are probably my favorite kind. Of course I love a good bacon wrapped jalapeño pepper or a meatball crescent cup, but if dips are available, you can usually find me loading my plate with chips and going to town!
This Roasted Red Pepper Dip is no exception. Plus it’s beyond easy to make! All you need is a drained jar of roasted red peppers (make sure to blot them dry with paper towels), cream cheese (I actually used light cream cheese), balsamic vinegar, garlic, and some spices. Whirl them together in your food processor or blender and start dippin’!
I am very much looking forward to hogging the bowl of this yummy stuff on Sunday while my family cheers on the Panthers! I’ve become a Cam Newton fan over the past couple of years so I’d like to seem them take this one.
Are you planning on watching the game? Or will you just be there for the food? I’ll admit that as much as I’d like to see the Panthers win, I don’t really have a vested interest in the game. If the Falcons were playing (haha, right?!) then I’d definitely be glued to the TV, but since they aren’t, I’ll probably be spending most of my time around the snacks. But ya know what? That’s just fine by me.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
- 1 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Add cream cheese, chopped roasted red peppers (make sure to drain them well and blot with paper towels), garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper to the bowl of your food processor or blender.
- Blend together until smooth and all chunks are removed. Taste and adjust spices to taste.
- Transfer dip to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with chips or crackers. Enjoy!
Looking for more dip recipes? You might also like:
Ashlyn is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer at Belle of the Kitchen. She’s the mama of two precious babies, an army wife, and southern girl at heart. She and her family are currently stationed in Hawaii, so when she’s not making a mess of the kitchen, she and her little ones are outside soaking up the sunshine. She loves to share a balance of healthy recipes, family friendly meals, and plenty of treats to satisfy your sweet tooth.