Pumpkins and gourds are a great budget way to decorate your home during the fall months. If you are looking for some simple DIY ideas for fall decor then these simple but stylish ideas are a good place to start.
Hallo Kenarry readers it’s Sam here from A Happy Home In Holland back again with another idea for your home.
With all the lovely pumpkins and gourds that I have been seeing out and about and around the shops the last few weeks, I thought I would grab a few of these and do something a bit seasonal.
I actually love this time of year because you can find so many fun and interesting things when out for a walk or just in your garden.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money and the gorgeous colors that are around at the moment give a lot of inspiration to decorate your home.
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
For this idea that I came up with you only need a few supplies.
Here Is What You Need for these DIY Fall Decor Ideas
- small sized terracotta flower pot
- medium sized terracotta flower pot
- greenery (I used lengths of my silver dusty miller plant out my garden but you can use whatever you like for this)
- selection of small pumpkins and gourds (approx 3″ – 5” diameter)
- scissors or pruning shears
- oasis blocks
- plastic wrap
Steps To Make Pumpkins And Gourds Display
- Cut a couple of blocks of oasis so they fit snugly into the terracotta pots.
- Soak the oasis blocks in some water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Line the terracotta pot with glad wrap or plastic.
- Remove the oasis blocks from the water and put into the terracotta pots.
- Cut the pieces of greenery so that they are all of a similar length.
- Gently push the greenery into the oasis blocks so that the create a ring around the edge of the pot.
- Use another piece of plastic on top of the wet oasis blocks and place the pumpkins or gourds on top of the greenery.
- Arrange pots in a display.
Initially, I arranged mine on a side table with extra loose pumpkins and some wooden candlesticks.
How To Arrange Your Pumpkin Display
I kept them there for a few days then decided to change it up a bit and added them to an oversized white wooden tray (my favorite thrift store find) together with some glass candlesticks.
This is just one idea but it’s possible to come up with all sorts of different combinations and displays using what you have at hand. Think pine cones, autumn leaves, acorns, horse chestnuts etc.
I hope you liked this simple little fall decor idea using pumpkins and gourds. Why not have a play around and see what ideas you can come up with.
Here are some more of my DIY ideas for fall that you may like …
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
For more fall decor ideas check out these Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® favorites!