Skillet Lasagna Recipe
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This skillet lasagna is sure to become a new family favorite! It’s everything you love about lasagna, but made simple and easy for a quick weeknight dinner!
Hello there, Kenarry readers and friends! I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m excited to be back for a new and yummy edition of Ideas for the Kitchen, a blog series where Carrie and I swap recipes once a month. Since pasta is such a family favorite for both of our families, Carrie and I decided to share some delicious and easy weeknight pasta recipes with all of you today. If you’re a pasta lover too, then you’re in luck, because today I’m sharing this yummy Skillet Lasagna; a simple and easy version of a family favorite!
If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Cheesy Tuna Casserole.
Lasagna is one of my family’s favorite foods. It’s also one of those meals that gets made for a lot of special occasions, including Christmas Eve dinner. My mom made has made lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner for as long as I can remember, and it was always my number one requested birthday dinner, too.
As much as I love lasagna, I don’t make it all that often because it takes a little bit more time and effort to prepare. Maybe that’s why it’s always been reserved for special occasions.
Just because I’m not always in the mood to make it, though, doesn’t mean I don’t crave it on the random Wednesday night. For all of you lasagna lovers out there, that is where this skillet lasagna swoops in to save the day! One pan, 30 minutes, six ingredients, and you’re set! I pretty much followed my mom’s lasagna recipe to make this skillet version, and I’m happy to say it’s delicious! If you have no-boil lasagna noodles, that would work best here, but I’ve made it with regular noodles and it just takes a few minutes longer for those to cook.
Are you a 0ne-skillet meal lover, yourself? If you have a favorite one-skillet recipe, share it with us below! Carrie and I would love to hear them!
Before you go, check out these other Easy Dinner Ideas!
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 6-7 lasagna noodles broken into thirds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh chopped basil optional
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage until browned, breaking apart with with a wooden spoon. Drain any accumulated fat, and add marinara and tomatoes to the pan. Heat until bubbly.
- Add broken lasagna noodles to the pan and stir into the sauce making sure noodles are coated. Reduce heat to medium low, cover the skillet, and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drop ricotta cheese in small spoonfuls over the top of the lasagna. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then recover and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil if desired, and serve.
Hungry for more pasta recipes? You might like these:
While you’re here be sure to check out these easy dinner ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –