Soft Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Make the most amazing chewy Brown Sugar Cookies with this ever-so-simple recipe. It makes up to 28 delicious cookies.
Hey there Idea Insiders! Trish here with a slightly sweet recipe for the most amazing Soft Brown Sugar Cookies. If you like sugar cookies even a little bit then these perfectly baked chewy cookies are an absolute must.
How to Make Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
This cookie recipe requires time for the dough to chill for two hours before baking; while the prep time will only take minutes to make the dough, you will need to plan on an extra two hours prep time before you preheat the oven.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
Brown sugar cookie tips
- This recipe makes 24-28 cookies; however you can easily double the batch just make sure you hold off on the extra two tablespoons of flour until you have mixed your dough. Then add one tablespoon of flour at a time until consistency of your dough resembles dense cookie dough.
- Make the dough now and bake the cookies later. Freeze the brown sugar cookie dough for up to three months in freezer-safe packaging. Make the baking step even easier by rolling the dough into balls before you place it in the freezer.
- Store the baked cookies in an airtight container for up to a week and add a slice of bread to the sealed container to keep the cookies soft.
What You Can Add To Brown Sugar Cookies
- Add a flavorful hint of cinnamon to your cookies by mixing a teaspoon of ground cinnamon in the shallow bowl of sugar before rolling the cookie dough balls.
- If you prefer frosted sugar cookies, skip the final step of rolling the dough in sugar and top these Brown Sugar Cookies with caramel frosting or maple glaze. YUM!
- Add colorful or festive sprinkles to the tops of the cookies before you bake them or after you frost them.
Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- Add flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt to a large mixing bowl then use a spoon to mix until well combined. Set the bowl of mixed dry ingredients aside.
- Next melt the butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl then allow the melted butter it to cool for 1-2 minutes. Add brown sugar to the melted butter then whisk the two ingredients together. Next, add the eggs and vanilla to the butter and brown sugar then continue to whisk until the wet mixture is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients then use a wooden spoon to stir all of the ingredients together until dough is formed. Place the prepared brown sugar cookie dough into a large ziplock bag then refrigerate the dough for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325* degrees then prepare the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Pour 1/2 cup of white sugar into a shallow dish then set it aside. Roll the prepared cookie dough into one-inch sized balls then roll each dough ball in sugar before placing them on the prepared baking sheets. Use the bottom of a glass or spatula to gently press the top of the dough balls down until the cookies are slightly flattened on top.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes at 325* degrees. Allow the cookies to rest for 2-3 minutes on the warm baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- After the cookies are completely cool store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Brown Sugar Cookies then you’ll enjoy these sweet cookie recipes too.
4 Ingredient Cake Box Recipe Sugar Cookies
You may also enjoy these cookie recipe ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –