Chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, these Sparkly Chocolate Fudge Cookies are the best of both worlds. These tasty treats are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges and for setting out on Christmas Eve for Santa.
Hi there! I’m Amanda from Life at Cloverhill. Every year I post my Holiday Guide, with my top Christmas recipes, crafts, decor, projects and organization tips to help you through the holiday season. I love the holiday season, but it can get so busy, so I always have a few quick holiday cookie recipes on hand that I can make in a pinch, like these Sparkly Chocolate Fudge Cookies.
We’ve got quite a few parties and family get-togethers over the next few weeks and I love a cookie recipe that I could not only make-ahead but that tastes good too.
I’m a big brownie fan, and the fudgy texture of these Sparkly Chocolate Fudge Cookies is delicious, especially with the crunchy sugar coating on the outside. They really do look like they’re sparkling.
They were so easy to make, taking less than 10 minutes to get them to the oven. As an added bonus they are also great for making the dough ahead and freezing.
You can roll all the uncooked dough balls and then flash freeze them to use later on. It’s as easy as rolling them in sugar and popping them in the oven when you need freshly baked cookies quickly.
You can make just a few for a nice treat while watching Christmas movies with the family, or bake a whole batch for unexpected holiday visitors.
Sparkly Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups Sugar divided
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour All-Purpose
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and 2 cups of the sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla; combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Place remaining ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl. Form dough into balls the size of a ping pong ball. Roll balls in the sugar bowl to coat.
- Make ahead Tip: Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Pop into the freezer for 2 hours and then remove from the plate to a large freezer bag. When you’re ready to make the cookies, take them out of the freezer while the oven heats up to 350°F and then roll the cookies in the sugar. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Head on over to my blog to see more Holiday ideas like these:
While you’re here, you may also enjoy these delicious Christmas recipes from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –