This free printable Spring Home Maintenance Checklist helps you keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season.
Spring is like a long lost friend after the cold, dreary winter months. The warmer weather brings new energy and enthusiasm to tackle projects and get organized around the house. With this free printable Spring Home Maintenance Checklist, we’ll help you keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season.
Several months ago, we started a series of home maintenance checklists for each of the four seasons to help you keep your home in excellent condition all year-round. In spring, the days are getting longer and the weather is finally getting warmer. After a long winter of hibernating, it’s time to open the windows, dust off the furniture and get organized for a new season. Below you’ll find suggestions for a Spring Home Maintenance Checklist. We also created a printable version so you can easily carry it with you around the house:
Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
- Walk around your home’s exterior. Look for any damage or issues caused by winter weather.
- Prune perennial plants and shrubs to prepare for new growth.
- Clean and put away snow shovels. Perform maintenance on your snow blower and put it away for the season.
- Remove storm windows and store away until next winter.
- Wipe down seasonal toys and lawn furniture you stored away for the winter.
- Deep clean the kitchen, including wiping down cabinets and woodwork. Wash potholders. Empty crumbs from the bottom of the toaster and all those other overlooked nooks and crannies in your kitchen.
- Deep clean the bathroom, including wiping down cabinets and woodwork. Scrub tile or linoleum floors and wash rugs.
- Spot clean the walls to remove dirt, grime and scuff marks. A new tennis ball works great for removing scuff marks from tile, woodwork, vinyl and even painted walls.
- Wash winter blankets, quilts and linens. Replace with lighter weight bedding.
- Vacuum crumbs and pet hair from furniture upholstery.
- Wash and put away winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves.
- Change or clean furnace filters, if recommended by manufacturer.
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
What else would you add to this Spring Home Maintenance Checklist? Please comment below to let us know. We’re always looking for new ideas.
You may also enjoy the other home maintenance checklists in the series:
If you liked the Spring Home Maintenance Checklist, please share it with your friends or pin for later: