This free printable Summer Home Maintenance Checklist helps you keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season. Print it and keep it somewhere handy! You’ll definitely use it.
It’s time to be outside enjoying the beautiful summer weather and long days to tackle all those projects you’ve been putting off! With this free printable Summer Home Maintenance Checklist, we’ll help you keep your home in excellent condition, outside and inside, this season.
Free Home Maintenance Checklists
Last fall, we started a series of home maintenance checklists for each of the four seasons to help you keep your home in excellent condition all year-round.
Summer is the time to be outside soaking up the sunshine and fresh air. Tackle the outdoor tasks early in the day when the weather is cooler and don’t forget to wear your sunscreen. Save the indoor tasks for rainy days.
Below you’ll find suggestions for a Summer Home Maintenance Checklist. We also created a printable version so you can easily carry it with you around the house.
GET YOUR FREE Printable Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
Exclusive for Kenarry subscribers, receive the FREE printable Summer Home Maintenance Checklist by signing up below. You’ll get the download link sent directly to your inbox.
All printables from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® are for your own PERSONAL USE ONLY.
After you’ve signed up, watch for an e-mail to confirm your e-mail address and download the free digital printable. Plus you’ll have the opportunity to get the weekly Kenarry Ideas In Your Inbox newsletter, as well as product discounts, special offers and other content that is EXCLUSIVE for Kenarry subscribers only.
You can also join our Idea Insider VIP Club to get unlimited access to the full vault of unique and beautiful printables we offer to make gift giving, holidays and everyday life more special. A lifetime membership in our Idea Insider VIP Club is a great way to save time and money with easy access to hundreds of printable cards, tags, wall art and more right at your fingertips.
Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
Here is what you will find on this checklist and why they are so important.
Every summer you need to take care of the following outdoor chores:
- Plant and maintain flower and/or vegetable gardens.
- Remove everything from garages and sheds. Sweep or hose them out and then reorganize as you put away garden tools, automotive equipment and other household items you keep in your garage.
- Touch up exterior paint as need be.
- Wash and stain your deck, if necessary.
- Periodically wipe down seasonal toys and lawn furniture to keep them clean and free of spiders and other pests.
Don’t forget about the inside of your home too. Here is what you should take care of during the summer months.
- Wash windows and screens inside and out. Wipe down the window sills. Clean the track for the glass sliding door.
- Once you’re past the pollen season, use glass cleaner to wipe the picture frames on walls and shelves. Replace any outdated photos.
- Bring summer clothes to the front of the closet and hide winter clothes in the back or store away for the season. Give away anything that no longer fits or you no longer wear.
- Wash all throw blankets.
- Clean or change air conditioning filter.
What else would you add to this Summer Home Maintenance Checklist? Please comment below to let us know. We’re always looking for new ideas.
You may also enjoy the other Home Maintenance Checklists in our seasonal series:
If you liked the Summer Home Maintenance Checklist, please share it with your friends or pin for later:
Originally published June 2015. Updated June 2018.