Saltine crackers are covered with buttery toffee, smothered in rich milk chocolate and then decorated with golden sprinkles in this fun and festive New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark recipe.
This delectable New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark recipe takes the sweet and salty flavor combo to a whole new level. Hi there Kenarry readers! It’s me, Alaina from Bullock’s Buzz, and I’m back with an irresistible recipe for New Year’s Eve!
This saltine toffee treat will have all of your guests begging for the recipe. So get ready to add it to your MUST MAKE recipe list, right now! Why? Because it’s delicious. And it’s easy!
How to Make New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark
New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark is made with just four everyday ingredients – saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar and milk chocolate. Add a dusting of golden sprinkles and you’ll have a festive treat everyone will love!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools to Make Toffee Bark :
Ingredients Needed to Make Toffee Bark:
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers (approximately)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- festive sprinkles of your choice – gold stars, gold sprinkles
Instructions to Make Toffee Bark:
1. Prepare the Oven and Pan
To make this festive New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark you first need to preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange the Crackers
Next, arrange the crackers salt side down in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Make the Toffee
In a small saucepan, boil the butter and brown sugar stirring until it reaches a roiling boil. Be careful not to let it boil any longer than 3 minutes or you run the risk of it burning. Remove the toffee from the heat and carefully pour it over the crackers on the baking sheet.
Place the toffee-covered crackers in the oven and bake at 425 degrees for about 3-5 minutes, or until the toffee is bubbling all over. Carefully remove the pan from the oven.
5. Add the Milk Chocolate Chips
Immediately sprinkle the milk chocolate chips on top of the hot toffee, and allow them to sit for a minute or two so they begin to soften and melt. Once softened, use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the toffee as evenly as possible.
6. Decorate with Sprinkles
Now add a dusting of gold sprinkles and gold stars. You can find the gold sprinkles, stars and other shapes at most grocery stores, or you can order them online.
7. Allow Treat to Set
Now comes the hardest part, waiting for the New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark to set! Place the entire pan in the fridge and try to find something to keep your mind off the amazing treat that’s just waiting to be eaten. Mine took a little over an hour. However, if you’re in a hurry, you can place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Once the toffee bark has set, simply break or cut it into pieces. Then, all that’s left is to serve and enjoy! Doesn’t it look amazing?!
New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark Recipe
- 1 1/2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup festive golden sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. Stir while the butter melts, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Do not boil for more than 3 minutes or it may burn.
- Remove mixture from heat and carefully pour it over the crackers on the baking sheet.
- Place the toffee-covered crackers in the preheated oven and bake at 425 degrees for 3-5 minutes, or until the toffee is bubbling all over.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the hot toffee. Allow to sit for one minute to soften, then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the entire surface of the toffee as evenly as possible.
- Quickly add holiday inspired sprinkles.
- Allow toffee bark to set by placing pan in the refrigerator for about one hour. If in a hurry, freeze the pan for about 30 minutes.
- Once set, cut or break into small pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you liked this easy and festive New Year’s Eve Toffee Bark recipe, you’ll definitely love these other fun ideas!
You may also enjoy these festive ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –