Create a summer treat your kids will love on a hot day. This Tropical Popsicles recipe uses refreshing pineapple, orange and banana for a delicious dessert.
What do you do when it’s so hot outside you could fry an egg on the sidewalk? Cool off with this easy tropical popsicles recipe you can make with the kids.
When the temperatures start reaching the 80s here in Michigan, the kids and I begin looking for quick and easy ways to cool off. Sometimes we fill the kiddie pool. Other times we visit a local splash pad or beach. One of our favorite things to do together in the summer though is to make homemade popsicles. Last year, we made Patriotic Pudding Popsicles, so this year we thought it would be fun to create a creamy Tropical Popsicles recipe.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are our own, derived from our personal experience.
What better way to beat the heat of the summer than with something like this Tropical Popsicles recipe! Am I right? Tropical Popsicles are super easy to make. The recipe uses real fruit and has no added sugar making it a refreshing summer snack you can feel good about giving your kids.
For our Tropical Popsicles recipe, the boys and I just threw together a few ingredients we had on hand – a banana, half an orange and some pineapple tidbits from the pantry. Once we combined those in the blender, we did a little taste test (isn’t that always the best part?) and decided to throw a little milk into the Tropical Popsicles recipe to make them a little creamier. We then poured the blended ingredients into our popsicle mold.
We put our Tropical Popsicles in the freezer and left them there until the next afternoon. When we were ready for a popsicle break, we just ran the popsicle mold under hot water for a few minutes. This loosened the Tropical Popsicles so they could pop right out of the plastic popsicle molds.
These Tropical Popsicles were a huge hit with my boys! While they loved the tasty flavor of all the tropical fruits combined together, I loved that I could give them a nutritious healthy snack.
Tropical Popsicles Recipe
- 1 over ripe banana
- 1/2 of a fresh orange peeled and separated into slices
- 4 oz pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine the banana, orange, pineapple tidbits with juice and milk in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze overnight.
Tropical Popsicles Recipe: Serving Suggestions
Frozen treats like this homemade Tropical Popsicles recipe are very easy to make, but here are some suggestions for ways you could customize it to fit your family’s tastes.
- Substitute the milk with vanilla pudding, yogurt or ice cream to make the Tropical Popsicles even creamier.
- Add watermelon, strawberries or blueberries to the Tropical Popsicles to give them an entirely different color and flavor.
- Use additional citrus fruits to give the Tropical Popsicles some added punch, like lemon, lime or tangerines.
- Throw in a little shaved coconut for a special twist on the Tropical Popsicles recipe.
- Most of all, have fun and get creative with your kids. Making popsicles in the summer is a great way to make special memories with them.
What’s your favorite way to make homemade popsicles in the summer with your kids? Please comment below and share. We’re always looking for new ideas!
While you’re here, I think you and your family would also love some of the other dessert ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ –
- Tropical Turtle Beach Jello Cups
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
- Tiki Punch Recipe for a Tropical Themed Party
If you enjoyed this Tropical Popsicles recipe, please share it with your friends or pin it for later: