Today I am pulling together an easy tablescape for New Year’s Eve with items from the Target dollar spot, grocery store flowers, and things I have around the house.
Hello, my name is Libbie, and I blog over at A Life Unfolding, where I write about all things Design, DIY, and Renovation related. Come over and say hi!
This year my grown daughters (who both live in Chicago) and I are taking turns hosting holidays for the first time. So my youngest hosted a lovely Thanksgiving, my oldest will host Christmas, and I will host our annual New Year’s Eve party. This get-together will be casual and fun (it’s a pretty fierce game night), but I also want it to be festive and pretty.
Let’s make an easy New Year’s Eve Tablescape using grocery store flowers and a few items from Target’s dollar spot. Let’s get started.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
DIY Tools Needed:
- Fresh Flowers. I used roses here, but Carnations, Alstromeria, Tulips, or Peonies would also work. Any flower that is a single bloom would work here.
- Greenery– I am using things I cut from my year and Christmas garland.
- Table runner– mine is actually a throw, but this table runner and this one are similar and would look pretty.
- Fairy Lights
- Cocktail Glasses
- Candle Holders for height.
- Mini Ornaments
- Small Clocks
- Champagne Splits
- Champagne Glasses
- Carmel Corn and Chocolate
- Gold Paper Chargers
Flower Arrangement Tips:
Tape A Grid
Use your tape to make an X-shaped grid on the glasses. The taped grid will give the flowers some added support.
Use the rule of three
I used three flowers in each glass. And it again, when placing the mini ornaments on the runner. The rule of three says that things arranged in odd numbers are more appealing to the human eye. If I were using a larger vase/glass, I would have gone with five flowers.
Here are a few more tips
If you use greenery leftover from Christmas, you may want to mist it or place it in water for an hour or so to revive it. Blot off any excess water and place it on the runner.
Tuck the battery box for the fairy lights under the runner.
Easy New Year’s Eve Tablescape
- 1 Pair of scissors
- 1 Tape
- 9 each Roses
- 4 stems Greenery
- 6 each Champagne or Wine Glasses
- 6 each Gold Paper Chargers
- 3 each Whiskey Glasses to hold flowers
- 1 assortment Paper decor- horns, hats, glasses
- 1 set Fairy lights
- 1 assortment Mini ornaments
- 1 each Table runner
- Tape a grid pattern on your whiskey glasses.
- Cut your flowers to 1.5 inches (or until they rest on the glass). Add greenery.
- Layout your table runner and add the flowers and greenery. Next, add fairy lights and ornaments.
- Set out your place settings (I used six).
- Add your Champagne Splits or Sparkling Cider bottles.
- Place your party decor on your plates or around the table if you prefer.
- I added a flute of flavored popcorn for game night, but any treat or candy would work.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed An Easy New Year’s Eve Tablescape, you’ll enjoy these easy DIYs and Decor posts too.
You may also enjoy these easy DIY ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –