Want the delicious flavor of a caramel apple without all the mess that goes with food on stick? Try these decadent Caramel Apple Pudding Cups instead.
Caramel Apple Pudding Cups are a sweet treat layered with flavored pudding, chunks of apple, rich caramel topping and chopped nuts to give you a dessert your family can enjoy with a spoon. Serving the Caramel Apple Pudding Cups in clear tumbler glasses also makes them look super cute for fall and Halloween entertaining.
Tuesday marked the beginning of fall here in North America, bringing with it cooler temperatures and cravings for all things apple. I, myself, am not a huge fruit fan, but couldn’t resist creating these sweet Caramel Apple Pudding Cups for my family to enjoy after dinner one night. I used a small container of store bought applesauce and a pinch of cinnamon to enhance the vanilla pudding. I’m hoping we can go apple picking some time in the next few weeks, though, so we can make our own cinnamon applesauce to use next time.
What You Need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are our own, derived from our personal experience.
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 12.25 oz jar of caramel topping
- 1 apple
- Cinnamon sticks (optional for garnish)
Caramel Apple Pudding Cups
- 1 package Vanilla Pudding Instant – 3.4 oz
- 2 cups Milk Cold
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Peanuts Chopped
- 12.25 oz. Caramel Topping Jar
- 1 Apple
- Cinnamon Sticks Optional for Garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding and cold milk.
- Stir in the cinnamon and applesauce. Refrigerate the pudding for 5 minutes.
- Cut the apple into small bite sized chunks, discarding the core.
- Set out your four ingredients to create the layers: pudding, apples, caramel topping and chopped nuts.
- Using 4 or 5 clear plastic cups, put 3-4 tablespoons of pudding in the bottom of each cup.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of chopped apple, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of caramel topping.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts as the next layer.
- Repeat each of the layers one more time in the same order ending with the chopped nuts.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick (optional) and enjoy!
A Few Ideas for Caramel Apple Pudding Cups
- The caramel topping makes the Caramel Apple Pudding Cups incredibly sweet. As an alternative, you could skip having multiple layers. Instead just fill the cups with the cinnamon apple pudding, then top with apples, caramel and nuts.
- I wanted the dessert to be kid friendly so I used plastic cups. You could really dress up this dessert for an adult evening by serving it in wine glasses, champagne flutes or even martini glasses.
- The chopped peanuts started to take on moisture from the caramel topping. If you’re going to be making the Caramel Apple Pudding Cups in advance, I’d suggest waiting to add the final layer of chopped nuts until you’re ready to serve them.
Check out our Pinterest board for other creative ideas for fall. If you enjoyed the Caramel Apple Pudding Cups, please share this recipe with your friends or pin it for later:
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other delicious fall recipes on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry™ –
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Alternatives: 10 Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Easy S’mores Cake: Cake Mix Solutions
Originally published September 2014. Updated September 2018.