These fun Cherry Pie Pops are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for your family! Cherry pie filling is enclosed in premade pie dough for a quick treat with a super fun presentation! Everyone loves food on a stick!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing a fun treat that you can make for your loved ones for Valentine’s Day. If you aren’t into Valentine’s Day, well then just make these for the heck of it! Who would ever turn down cherry pie on a stick?!
Admittedly, I was never super into Valentine’s Day. I always felt that you should always show your love for people each and every day…but all that changed when I had Valentine’s Day baby! We brought out oldest daughter home on February 14 and our whole world changed.
Now it is a super special day in our house, where I shower my family with sweet treats! I don’t go over the top, but I love making a special dessert to serve after dinner.
How to Make Cherry Pie Pops
Using store-made ingredients makes this dessert recipe super easy! You can most definitely substitute for homemade if you would like, but I honestly really like canned cherry pie filling.
The premise is very simple here…use a round cookie or biscuit cutter to cut out your circles, add a stick, a spoonful of pie filling, and then add another piece of pie crust to the top. Use a fork to crimp the edges and seal the pie filling inside.
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone baking mat
- Rolling pin
- 3” circle cookie cutter or a 3 inch glass
- Sharp paring knife
- Fork for crimping edges
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush
- 10-12 lollipop sticks
- Wire cooling rack
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Cherry Pie Filling – use your favorite store bought or use homemade
- Pie Crust – use you favorite store bought or use homemade
- Egg – to use as an eggwash for the pie crust
Cherry Pie Pops Tips:
Substitute any pie filling if you don’t want cherry
I used cherry pie because it was red and perfect for Valentine’s Day, but you could use any type of pie filling that you’d like! Apple would work great during the fall or you could do blueberry, strawberry, or even pineapple.
Make Hand Pies Instead of Pie pops
Love these little pies but don’t want to mess with the sticks? You can definitely make these as mini-pies and forgot the sticks! The sticks add some fun to this recipe, but they certainly are not a must-have. You could wrap them up in little cellophane bags and give them to friends or loved ones as a treat.
Cherry Pie Pops
- 1 box pie crust 14 ounces refrigerated pie crust (2 count)
- ½ cup cherry pie filling
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat.
- Unroll one pie crust onto the counter.
- Using a 3” cookie cutter, cut ten rounds from the crust and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush the egg wash on the edges of the pie crust circles with a pastry brush.
- Place a lollipop stick into each round so that it rests in the center.
- Top each round with 1 Tablespoon of pie filling.
- Roll out the second pie crust. Cut out ten 3” circles to be the tops of each pie pop.
- Remove the remaining scraps. You can combine the scraps with the remainder of the first pie crust, re-roll and cut out more circles if desired.
- Take each circle top and use a sharp knife to cut three small slits in the top to let out steam.
- Cover the cherry pie filling with the second cut rounds.
- With a fork, press around the edges to eal
- Brush the tops of the pie crust with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed these Cherry Pie Pops, then you will love these easy dessert recipes, too!
You may also enjoy these Valentine’s Day ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –