Create festive no-fail, no-bake holiday treats in minutes with just a few store-bought items. These chocolate dipped wafer cookies are covered in sprinkles, a simple way to save time during the holidays.
Hey there Kenarry Readers! Trish here with a simple dipped idea; and who couldn’t go for a simple idea this time of year? Even better, there are sprinkles!
With the busyness of the upcoming holidays looming I am already planning for as many easy, no bake treats as I can, especially ones kids can make. Enter Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies made with vanilla melts and sugar wafer cookies, peppered in colorful sprinkles for Christmas. Read: sugar overload but oh so tasty!
How to Make Dipped Sugar Wafer Cookies
Before you begin I suggest opening the package(s) of cookies and containers of sprinkles so that when the vanilla is melted you are ready to dip, sprinkle and set!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
Additional Fun Ideas & Creative Tips for Dipped Sugar Wafer Cookies
What are some other ways to customize chocolate dipped wafer cookies? Try these ideas!
- Don’t stop with just red and green for Christmas! Add any mix of colorful sprinkles to your list of supplies. Create color themed no bake treats for other holidays, occasions and celebrations.
- Crush peppermint candy canes and substitute the sprinkles for candy cane pieces to create an even more festive Christmas treat.
- Have fun with color and use different color candy melts or add a little food coloring to the white vanilla melts.
- CHOCOLATE. Need I say more? Sugar Wafer Cookies will taste great dipped in chocolate. Simply switch out the vanilla candy melts for your favorite chocolate chips or better yet, dip the cookies in half vanilla and half chocolate.
- Again, CHOCOLATE. Use chocolate flavored sugar wafer cookies and dip them in melted peanut butter chips.
- Serve these easy no bake treats on a stick. Simply press a cake pop stick into the bottom of each cookie sandwich.
- If you are using cake pop sticks why not go for a full blown sugar high and dip the entire cookie in the melted vanilla or chocolate?
- Use a spatula to remove excess vanilla after dipping the cookies.
- Hold cookies over a paper plate when you sprinkle them. The paper plate will eliminate extra mess while also preserving sprinkles if you choose to pour the extra sprinkles off of the plate onto other cookies.
Dipped Sugar Wafer Cookies | No Bake Holiday Treat
- 1 Package Wafer Cookies, 10.6 ounce 30 Cookies
- 1 Package White Melting Wafers, 10 ounce
- 1/2 Container Red Sugar Sprinkles, 3.25 ounce
- 1/2 Container Green Sugar Sprinkles, 3.25 ounce
- Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper then set it aside.
- Pour white melting wafers into a medium size microwave safe bowl then melt the wafers as directed on the package.
- Next dip 1/3 to 1/2 of each cookie into the melted vanilla candy. Add sprinkles to both sides of the dipped cookies before placing them on the prepared pan. Continue to dip and sprinkle cookies until the entire package of wafer cookies are covered in festive colors.
- Place the pan of 30 cookies into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies have set.
- Store no bake Dipped Sugar Wafer Cookies holiday treat in Ziploc bag or airtight container. Cookies will keep up to 3 weeks.
If you enjoyed these Dipped Sugar Wafer Cookies then you’ll enjoy these festive no bake treats for Christmas too.
You may also enjoy these no bake festive treat ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –