Kids will enjoy playing “Roll a Tree” at Christmas! This simple Christmas dice game with free printable is easy to prep for a Christmas party or night at home.
A cute game AND candy?! What kid will turn that down? This darling “Roll a Tree” Christmas Game printable is a simple activity that take minutes to prep. Plus, it’s easy to learn — friendly to younger and older kids, alike!
Hi Kenarry readers! I’m Lora from Craftivity Designs, where I share crafts that are quick and easy (like the wood place card holders that I shared at Kenarry last month) and this adorable Christmas game is just that! — so quick. so easy.
How to Make the “Roll a Tree” Christmas Game
Make this simple game now, before the Christmas season. Why? You’ll have it on hand as a boredom buster for nights at home, or a game the kids can play at holiday festivities.
What you need:
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
- “Roll a Tree” Christmas Game Printable (Sign up below to get the printable for FREE!)
- White Cardstock
- Paper Cutter
Get the free printable “Roll a Tree” Christmas Dice Game.
Exclusive for Kenarry subscribers, receive the FREE printable “Roll a Tree” Christmas Dice Game by signing up below. You’ll get the download link sent directly to your inbox.
All printables from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® are for your own PERSONAL USE ONLY.
After you’ve signed up, watch for an e-mail to confirm your e-mail address and download the free digital printable. Plus you’ll have the opportunity to get the weekly Kenarry Ideas In Your Inbox newsletter, as well as product discounts, special offers and other content that is EXCLUSIVE for Kenarry subscribers only.
You can also join our Idea Insider VIP Club to get unlimited access to the full vault of unique and beautiful printables we offer to make gift giving, holidays and everyday life more special. A lifetime membership in our Idea Insider VIP Club is a great way to save time and money with easy access to hundreds of printable cards, tags, wall art and more right at your fingertips.
Here’s how to make and play this fun Christmas dice game.
1. Download and Print the File
Once you have the “Roll a Tree” Christmas Game Printable, print it on white cardstock. When printing, make sure to print full size (or 100% to scale) and choose the highest print quality in order to maximize color.
Note: Print 1 card (or game board) per child. The Christmas Game download includes 2 cards per page.
2. Cut out the Game Boards
Next, cut out the game cards, one per child. For projects like this, I love a guillotine-style paper cutter. It makes cutting straight edges so simple! However, if you don’t have a paper cutter, scissors will work just fine.
3. Play “Roll a Tree”
Grab a die for each child, and a handful of M&Ms. Simple rules — printed directly on the card — make this game suitable for both younger and older kids. Each time the child rolls a die, they place an M&M on a space with the corresponding color.
For example: If the child rolls a 5, they can place a blue M&M on one of the blue ornaments hanging from the Christmas Tree.
Creative Ideas for a Christmas Game Printable
This fun little game is perfect as a boredom buster, party game, or stocking stuffer. Here are some ways we have used this game.
- Laminate the cards. Laminate the “Roll a Tree” Game Card and place it in a plastic baggie with M&Ms and a die. Tuck it in your purse for the Christmas Season, and pull it out when the kids are bored (at dinners, in lines, or in the car!).
- Put it at the kids’ table. Throwing a Christmas Dinner Party? Set the kids table for game-playing fun! The centerpiece can be bowls of M&Ms and colorful dice, while each place setting can include the “Roll a Tree” printable Christmas Game.
- Put games in their stockings. Rather than filling stockings with chintzy toys, pack it full of Christmas games! Then, spend Christmas day playing games as a family. (P.S. Need inspiration?! Check out this list of family-friendly Christmas Games, like the Christmas Scavenger Hunt and Charades Game, shown below).
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
You may also enjoy these Christmas Printable ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –
- Free Watercolor Note Cards for Winter
- Most Wonderful Time of the Year Christmas Printables
- 21 Festive Holiday Wall Art Ideas
Updated November 2019.