Crock Pot low carb BBQ bourbon kielbasa is a 3 ingredient gluten-free appetizer recipe that couldn’t be simpler. Perfect for parties and game day!
Hello! Michelle back from Our Crafty Mom sharing a delicious low-carb BBQ bourbon kielbasa recipe that you can easily make in the crock pot. It is packed with flavor and the best part is you only need 3 ingredients to make it!
How to Make BBQ Bourbon Kielbasa
I’m all about quick and easy recipes. This BBQ bourbon kielbasa checks all the boxes. While it makes a yummy appetizer, you can also serve it with veggies and rice or quinoa for a light dinner. It is packed with flavor, so you won’t miss the carbs at all!
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Crock Pot
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce – I used G Hughes Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce
- Bourbon – (I used Jim Beam)
Crock Pot Low Carb BBQ Bourbon Kielbasa:
Cut the Kielbasa
Start by cutting the kielbasa with your kitchen knife. If you are serving it as an appetizer I recommend cutting it about 1″-1 1/2″ thick. You can cut it thicker if you like, but this is a perfect size to serve with toothpicks as an easy appetizer for your guests.
Add ingredients to Crock Pot
Next up, add the sliced kielbasa to the crock pot followed by the barbecue sauce and bourbon. I’ve been using G Hughes Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce and absolutely love it! I was surprised to see they also carry it at Walmart. While I used the regular flavor, they also have a smokehouse version that would work for this recipe as well.
The last ingredient is a bit of bourbon. You can use whatever you have on hand. I went with Jim Beam because that is what was in my cabinet. You could also omit this if you want and add a little bit of water. This gives it a little bit of a kick without overpowering the BBQ flavor.
Cover and Cook on Low
Once you have given the ingredients a quick stir, cover the crock pot and cook it on low for 4 hours. The smell will have your mouth watering! Just add toothpicks and place them in a serving dish. Watch how quickly these tasty treats will be eaten!
Tips for making Low Carb Kielbasa :
- Use your favorite barbecue sauce. While I used a sugar-free barbecue sauce to make this low carb, you can also use your favorite barbecue sauce if you are not concerned with sugar. This is an extremely versatile recipe!
- To make clean up a breeze, line the crock pot with crock pot liners. If you haven’t tried these yet, they are amazing!
- Serve with your favorite veggies over brown rice or quinoa for a light dinner recipe. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Crock Pot Low Carb BBQ Bourbon Kielbasa
- Crock Pot
- Cutting Board
- 1 package Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- Add all the ingredients to a 4 qt crock-pot. Cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with toothpicks on warm, or place on serving dish.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you enjoyed this BBQ bourbon kielbasa recipe, then you’ll enjoy these appetizers as well.
You may also enjoy these appetizer ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –