This DIY Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe will leave your skin absolutely glowing from head to toe as if you spent a day (or few) at the beach.
Hi Kenarry readers, it’s Lori from Greco Design Company. I hope you’re all having a wonderful summer and have been able to spend some relaxing days at the beach. But even if you haven’t had as much beach time as you’d like, this DIY Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe will help to give you that beach glow. It’s made with all natural ingredients that will exfoliate and hydrate your skin, leaving it with a beautiful sheen that will extend long after summer has passed.
This homemade body scrub makes a great gift! Pair it with a few homemade bath bombs for a fun pampering treat.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience.
Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Fine Ground Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops of Lime Essential Oil (or any scent of your choice)
- Lime rinds
2. Add Sea Salt and Epsom Salts. Stir until blended.
3. Add Vitamin E Oil and Lime Essential Oil and stir again until all ingredients are well blended. The lime and coconut scents together remind me of the beach.
4. I poured mine into a self locking mason jar. Now your Coconut Lime Body Scrub is ready to use. Use once or twice a week as an all over body scrub to exfoliate and moisturize – and glow!
Why These Ingredients?
Coconut Oil: Moisturizes and protects skin.
Sea Salt: Exfoliates and draws toxins out of the skin.
Epsom Salts: Exfoliates and adds important minerals that occur naturally in seawater.
Vitamin E Oil: Moisturizes and heals dry skin, and it helps to reduce the appearance of scars.
Essential Oils: For scent and aromatherapy. Lime has astringent properties and is known to restore energy and lift your mood.
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you like this post, check out these other all natural posts from Greco Design Company:
For even more amazing body scrub recipes check out these Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® favorites: