Easy Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Easter is the perfect time to make these Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes topped with a chocolate buttercream frosting nest and Cadbury eggs.
Hello, Kenarry readers! I’m Pam from The Birch Cottage, and I’m back again this month sharing with you the most delectable and perfectly easy Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes recipe. This cupcake recipe just screams spring and will make everyone’s tastebuds “hoppy”.
I am especially looking forward to spring this year and nothing quite says spring like the Easter bunny and speckled Cadbury eggs. Am I right?!
How to Make these Easy Cadbury Egg Cupcakes
This recipe is made using a yellow cake and delectable buttercream chocolate frosting. The frosting is piped using the Wilton 233 piping tip to make the adorable chocolate nest. If you’re new to using a frosting tip – this is a piece of cake (ha!).
What you need:
Want more ideas like this? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- stand mixer or hand mixer (this cordless version is amazing)
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mini muffin pan
- spatula or cupcake scoop
- piping bag
- Wilton #233 piping tip
Supplies or Ingredients Needed:
These are the ingredients you’ll need. All the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of this post.
- cake flour
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- whole milk
- confectioner’s sugar
- cocoa powder
- Cadbury mini eggs
- cupcake liners
- decorative flowers
Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes Tips:
Use Room Temperature Ingredients
For the best results, always use room temperature ingredients, unless otherwise noted. It’s truly a little thing that makes a big difference in your baking results.
Use Cake Flour
This recipe calls for a blend of cake flour and all-purpose flour. This blend makes for cupcakes that are light and fluffy, but can hold the weight of the frosting and Cadbury eggs, creating the perfect cupcake! However, if you don’t have access to cake flour, feel free to use all all-purpose flour.
Use Wilton No. 233 Decorating Tip
To create the adorable chocolate nest, I used the Wilton No. 233 decorating tip. It’s perfect for creating this nest. And don’t worry if you’re new to using piping, this tip makes it foolproof. Just start from the middle of the cupcake (using a little less frosting) and work your way outwards (adding more to the outer edge – sort of like a nest).
Decorate with Flowers
I used Royal Icing Flowers to add another decorative element to these cupcakes. You can also make your own Royal icing flowers, if you’re feeling extra creative. There is a great tutorial on the Wilton website. My daughter Morgan is the official cake decorator in our family. She totally enjoys playing with fondant and creating exquisite cakes and cupcakes.
Make Your Own Royal Icing
If you want to have fun with these cupcakes and try creating your own decorative flowers, i would recommend you give royal icing a try. You simply need confectioners sugar, meringue powder, water, gel food coloring, and some piping bags and tips.
Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 mini muffin pan
- 36 mini cupcake liners
- 1 piping bag and tip
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter (brought to room temperature)
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 Cadbury mini eggs
- 72 Wilton Flower Icing Decorations optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line your muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, making sure the first egg is fully incorporated into the mixture before adding the next one.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract into the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Slowly and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Use a cupcake scoop to fill each liner 2/3 of the way. Bake the cupcakes for 10-15 minutes for mini cupcakes or 18-20 for regular cupcakes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- After the cupcakes have cooked, use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat the butter at medium speed for 2 minutes or until nice and creamy.
- Set your mixer to low speed and gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk, salt, and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until fully combined and the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a piping bag fitted with a Wilton #233 piping tip and start from the middle of the cupcake.
- Place one Cadbury mini egg in the middle of your nest. You can add additional decorations, like the Wilton Flower Icing Decorations.
- Fill lined muffin pans 2/3 full.
- This recipe yields 36 mini cupcakes or 12 regular cupcakes.
- You can substitute the Cadbury Mini Easter Eggs with M&M’s Easter Milk Chocolate Candy.
- The nutritional information is an estimate.
- You may want to purchase more Cadbury eggs. 🙂
Love the ideas you see here on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®? Subscribe today to get our weekly Ideas in Your Inbox newsletter plus other exclusive gifts and offers — all for FREE!
If you were inspired by this easy Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes, then you might also like these cupcake or Easter inspired ideas by The Birch Cottage:
You may also enjoy these Easter cupcake recipes and Easter ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –